Arias Pistons VS JE Pistons >

Arias Pistons VS JE Pistons

Notices

Arias Pistons VS JE Pistons

Old 02-15-2013, 11:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MER Performance
The first thing to determine is; what are you seeing with wear, piston rocking, ring lang wear, compression ratio. Taking that you are, I guess 4.500 stroke, 6.535 rod, C.H. of 1.395. What is going on with that piston @ bottom dead center? I would question the design of skirt, ring stack and wrist pin wall thickness.
I am not going to tell you who to use, I will say: I have used CP / Carrillo, for 10 yrs now, and my engineer has corrected piston issues with other piston manufactures that I have, had come through the doors.
I wouldn't be sold on the piston coating from the manufacturer, you can address that afterwards.
Piston design, ring lang location, dish design and wrist pin size.
As to wear, the pre ignition/heat issue is: oil stains under lean pistons are dark, 2nd ring not champhered out, but worn in (!), 2nd ring land on lean pistons (3 or 4) compressed and clamped down on ring. One pushrod with 3/8 in chewed off of top and 1/4 in of rocker worn off. 2 scored cylinders. Just discovered today we have one very clogged injector ( after running straight sea Foam through injection). This is first motor, one more to take apart. All caused by running bad fuel through supercharged motor with clogged injectors. This type of motor should have refresh at 100 hrs, made it to 175. Edges of crown on bad pistons worn too.

Good pistons look like works of art. Beautiful!

Last edited by TahoeRick; 02-15-2013 at 11:56 PM.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:12 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

their website show them as a in stock production piston..some builders like to pad the bill....part number 282059 if thats the correct piston..

http://www.jepistons.com/Catalogs/Au.../inv_dome.aspx
Old 02-16-2013, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 1,207 Likes on 580 Posts

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
their website show them as a in stock production piston..some builders like to pad the bill....part number 282059 if thats the correct piston..

http://www.jepistons.com/Catalogs/Au.../inv_dome.aspx
Refer to footnote "M" of that piston part #
"Made to Order"

Don't ask me how I know...
Old 02-17-2013, 01:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rookie
Refer to footnote "M" of that piston part #
"Made to Order"

Don't ask me how I know...
Pistons ordered from JE. Found out that number on bottom of pistons is KE number... Sent them piston. I think cost is $167 ea, plus $660 10 day turn around fee for a set of 8. I will look into the cost of their off the shelf pistons and when they get mine ask them to detail difference.

Many thanks to everyone here on OSO!

Now, to find out what Bam super cyborg this 2003 hustler talon 377 has in it, needs a rebuild.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:32 PM
Registered

Default Great OSO member

A huge thanks to Mark of MER Performance. He gave me some great advice that I really needed! If I was on the East Coast, I would use him!!!

Rick