Behold the glory...

Notices

Behold the glory...

Old 03-14-2013, 10:39 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Behold the glory...

...of .904" Hydraulic roller lifters by Morel! Thank you Bob Madara - Marine Kinetics. I believe this is the first production set out there.
Attached Thumbnails Behold the glory...-photo-6-.jpg   Behold the glory...-photo-3-.jpg   Behold the glory...-photo-2-.jpg  

Behold the glory...-photo-4-.jpg   Behold the glory...-photo.jpg  
Old 03-15-2013, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I like the larger diameter roller! Are there any concerns on the added weight to the valvetrain? Or will the durability outweigh the potential loss?
Old 03-15-2013, 09:59 AM
Registered

What's the life expectancy of these and the older Morels?
Old 03-15-2013, 11:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Nice Alex! I gave up on the .904 HI REV about 2 yrs ago, from all the false promises. Glad to see; they are getting them out now. You better send Bob, some roses and candy. As you well know the Hi Rev. is a great hyd. lifter.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:55 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Nice and i see the tell tale signs of a working mans hands holding them . Thank you guys for all you share with us .
Old 03-18-2013, 06:22 PM
MarineKinetics
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JRider
I like the larger diameter roller! Are there any concerns on the added weight to the valvetrain? Or will the durability outweigh the potential loss?
Weight on the pushrod side of the fulcrum is of much less consequence than that on the valve side. The assets these new .903” lifters bring to the overall competency and stabilization of the valvetrain outweighs any mass penalty they bring to the system.

By combining 55 mm cores and revised lobe profiles, a BBC hydraulic roller system has the potential to maintain stability (with significant power increases) throughout the power curve, and if desired, well into the upper 7000 RPM range. The gap between solid roller and hydraulic roller performance has been narrowed considerably. The new gen lifters are also pin oiled enhancing durability.

Originally Posted by Griswald
What's the life expectancy of these and the older Morels?
For the most part a high quality tappet, such as the Morel, is a remarkably durable component given the stresses they are routinely subjected to. The key is a properly optimized system. Lifters, as many apparatus, are consumables. In the case of a mild < 600 HP/502 CID, utilizing a 4603 BBC performance lifter I would recommend periodic inspections with rebuild/replacement at a predetermined interval. As performance levels increase, the maintenance intervals follows suit.

Bob
Old 03-18-2013, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rmbuilder
Weight on the pushrod side of the fulcrum is of much less consequence than that on the valve side. The assets these new .903” lifters bring to the overall competency and stabilization of the valvetrain outweighs any mass penalty they bring to the system.

By combining 55 mm cores and revised lobe profiles, a BBC hydraulic roller system has the potential to maintain stability (with significant power increases) throughout the power curve, and if desired, well into the upper 7000 RPM range. The gap between solid roller and hydraulic roller performance has been narrowed considerably. The new gen lifters are also pin oiled enhancing durability.

For the most part a high quality tappet, such as the Morel, is a remarkably durable component given the stresses they are routinely subjected to. The key is a properly optimized system. Lifters, as many apparatus, are consumables. In the case of a mild < 600 HP/502 CID, utilizing a 4603 BBC performance lifter I would recommend periodic inspections with rebuild/replacement at a predetermined interval. As performance levels increase, the maintenance intervals follows suit.

Bob
Bob, is there a ballpark figure on the number of hours we should go between inspections and possible replacement of these components on an engine in the 550- 600 HP range? Hoping I can go a few hundred hours before I have to pull it down again.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:34 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

What do they cost per set ?
Old 03-19-2013, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

They look heavy, I should say massive. are they?
Old 03-19-2013, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Do these lifters require a larger diameter lifter bore?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.