A little help please on 500efi heads

Notices

A little help please on 500efi heads

Old 03-26-2013, 08:57 AM
Joe
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A little help please on 500efi heads

The machine shop took the studs out that are on the outside of the heads that hold brackets and pulleys i guess, dont know were the right location is for them to go back in, i have the Merc book on the 500efi but it dont show or say anything about it...any help on this would be great...thanks Joe oh by the way i got 6 studs and 2 motors so I'm assuming 3 for each motor....but you know what say about assuming anything...
Old 03-26-2013, 09:05 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

Im going to my to boat later today, I can try to get some good pics for you if that will help.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:17 AM
Joe
Platinum Member

That would be great, trying to get the motors painted.....

did you go FLA.????, hows your boat running, trying to get mine painted this week or next, got alot of pics to post but not going to do it till the boats painted...

Last edited by tcwcar; 03-26-2013 at 09:31 AM.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yea, i was at the boat show. Planning on taking boat on Key West Poker Run this year. As of last season boat was still running good... hopefully I will another issue free season. Still cold here, but im getting real itchy. Ill be up at boat around 1. I can post pics here later, or pm me your cell or email and I will send some pics when get up there from my phone.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:41 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

You can go to mercruiserparts.com and pull up the engine. Look at the starter/alternator mounting, p/s component, and fuel pump sections and it will show you generally where the studs go through. You may then have to grab the brackets to help locate them.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go to boats.net to merc parts go to motor id# get pic form parts pics........ any id# will do
Old 03-26-2013, 01:14 PM
Joe
Platinum Member

Hey Got on your Mystique, I also need the distance from the top of the headers to the top of the lip that the hatch sits on...dustin at whipple said the whipples are no higher than the CMI pipes....wrong, again that word ass/u/me, is going to bite me in the a**.....the whipples are 2 5/8" higher than the headers at there highest point....so I'm hoping we have at least 3" from the highest point on the header to the top of the lip that that the hatch sits on.....

Last edited by tcwcar; 03-26-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by tcwcar
Hey Got on your Mystique, I also need the distance from the top of the headers to the top of the lip that the hatch sits on...dustin at whipple said the whipples are no higher than the CMI pipes....wrong, again that word ass/u/me, is going to bite me in the a**.....the whipples are 2 5/8" higher than the headers at there highest point....so I'm hoping we have at least 3" from the highest point on the header to the top of the lip that that the hatch sits on.....
Sorry, just read your post. Im going up to boat again this weekend, I will take measurements for you.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:31 PM
Joe
Platinum Member

Thanks....I'm just hoping I'm not going to in the same postion as Jason down in Flordia with his Cig top gun hatch, he had to cut his hatch so the whipples would fit, just got done painting my hatch last week...yes please let me know about the studs also....thanks Joe
Old 03-26-2013, 08:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Pm'd you some pics.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.