Where to buy neutral safety switch >

Where to buy neutral safety switch

Notices

Where to buy neutral safety switch

Old 05-10-2013, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to buy neutral safety switch

I have a Baja Hammer with twin handle controls. I do not know who manufactured the controls. The neutral safety switch has gone bad. Does anyone know where I can buy a new one?
Old 05-10-2013, 11:55 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Try googling marine neutral safety switch or Teleflex neutral safety switch. That should help with identifying the shape/appearance of the switch you have now.

http://www.google.com/search?um=1&hl...witch&tbm=isch

Electrical supply stores that carries small parts for electronics like radio shack may have one. There are different versions available, so you may need to pull out & bring the old one with you if no luck online.

Also there may be a number on your old switch you could google.

Maybe you have one like this for example?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Teleflex-Mor...-/400302642651
Old 05-11-2013, 01:08 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

I would guess that its a Gaffrig/Livorsi control. That is what Baja used.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it is gaffrig or livorsi controls, with a standard bravo outdrive, the neutral safety switch is a Cherry E62-00A micro switch, mounted in the control, under the shift lever. You have to take the control apart (which is rather simple to do) and replace it. Be careful putting it back together because if you have the lever in the detent position when you "sandwich" it all back together, you will break your new switch (the little button will be beside the the bump on the lever instead of under it - where it belongs, so be sure the shift lever is not in the detent position, or be sure the button is under the detent). Nobody local carried these, so I ended up buying 10 of them (minimum $$ order) several years ago and sold most of them to a local HP marine shop, when he needed one . I bought them from an electronics supplier on the internet ... just google the part number above, several places sell them.

Last edited by bob_t; 05-11-2013 at 01:01 PM.