ME3 alarm sensors broken

Notices

ME3 alarm sensors broken

Old 06-06-2013, 05:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ME3 alarm sensors broken

Hi guys,

My ME3 alarm is sounding. I have the beep every 3 seconds, and constant beep over 3000 rpm. It starts when I turn the ignition on, first the normal test beep then the soft alarm. That I get it without even starting the engine tells me it is a sensor fault.

The engine is running fine, no overheat, no oil pressure drop. Plenty of oil in the drive oil reservoir. Just the {>{~*||+}%%€ alarm....

So how do I figure out which sensor that have gone bad? As far as I know there are only water temp (located at the goose nevk thermostat), oil pressure (located near the distributor) and drive lube reservoir level sensor. I have tried to disconnect them one by one, but no change. What should I do next?

Regards,

Johan
Old 06-06-2013, 11:36 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Unplug each sensor one at a time. Whichever one makes it go off is the bad one. If it doesn't go off, then one of the sensor wires is grounding out somewhere.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried that, but no change unfortunately. I also tried to remove all three, and still no change. Then I measured the resistance in the oil pressure alarm sender, got no resistanceso I replaced for one measured to around 20 Ohms. Still no change....

I am getting somewhat concerned, to be honest. I don't know where to look next!

Is the alarm really just covering these 3? Meaning oil pressure, water temp, drive lube.

Please let me know, I am going crazy with that sound.

Regards,

Johan