Prop blowing out! >

Prop blowing out!

Notices

Prop blowing out!

Old 06-09-2013, 05:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prop blowing out!

New to the site and have a prop blow out ? Got a 88 baja force with 350 with about 325 hp. From idle I go wide open the boat comes up on plane and then the engine revs up to 5000 rpm and the boat just don't go any faster. I can see water shooting behind the boat like the prop has come out of the water but I know it is not. If I baby it the boat will come up on plane to about 2400 RPMs and then if I give it more throttle it just revs up and a boat does not move any faster. All of this is with the out drive tilted all the way down and Trim tabs down. Once up on plane and running full speed trimmed out if I try to slow down at all the boat just loses push the prop start slipping or something and I have to completely stop and start all over. I want to video tape to show what I mean cause it's kind of hard to explain. It has the stock aluminum 19 pitch prop on with through hull exhaust. I just rebuilt the engine over the winter and have a little bit more power now and I've never experienced this before so I really have no idea what's going on I'm used to bass boats not big pleasure boats!!!
Old 06-09-2013, 07:52 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

Do you have a rubber hub prop? If so, you may need to have the hub replaced because it's slipping. That would explain most of your symptoms.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Too Stroked
Do you have a rubber hub prop? If so, you may need to have the hub replaced because it's slipping. That would explain most of your symptoms.
+1
Old 06-09-2013, 08:30 PM
Registered

Yup it's rubber but it is marked and is not spinning. I can baby it and get it up and going and can see behind the boat the water the prop is pushing. It won't take much trim before I start getting a rooster tail. I have had it to 45 mph at 5200 rpm but if I pull back to 3500 rpm it looses bite and I have to stop and start over. I'm trying a diff prop next week but I'm thinking its ok but maybe not.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:43 PM
Registered

Try a different prop and see what happens.
Do you have thru hull or thru drive exhaust?
Old 06-09-2013, 09:12 PM
Registered

I'm meeting my buddy tomarrow to get a prop and try. It has threw hull exhaust. The ring is gone off the end of the prop as it broke. I'm not sure if that matters as the exhaust does not go threw the prop.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by So2fast5u
I'm meeting my buddy tomarrow to get a prop and try. It has threw hull exhaust. The ring is gone off the end of the prop as it broke. I'm not sure if that matters as the exhaust does not go threw the prop.
Guess I should put it has the factory aluminum prop from 88 still on it I believe.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:37 PM
Registered

Ring on the end of the prop is broken?
Old 06-09-2013, 09:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by So2fast5u
All of this is with the out drive tilted all the way down and Trim tabs down
Once on plane put the Trim Tabs up, or try getting on plane with them already up and not using them.
Or the drive coupler is blown out and slipping

Last edited by raisingkane; 06-09-2013 at 09:43 PM.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:45 PM
Registered

Just put a new drive coupler in last week cause it went bad. There was a ring on the end of the aluminum prop that was tapered and it broke off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.