Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
new baja owner, blown motor , need advice please. >

new baja owner, blown motor , need advice please.

Notices

new baja owner, blown motor , need advice please.

Old 06-24-2013, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

I read the article on the old NASCAR motors, they used the intakes, blocks and heads. By the time they were done weren't they injected and well over 400" ??? I remember it being a big deal they used NASCAR sb2's but by the time I finished the artid I was surprised they bothered sticking with that platform considering how little they used.
I learned a while ago, a boat motor has some $$$$ expensive accessories automotive engines don't. Those alone almost double the price. Hell the 565 in my garage now has a $1,000 sea pump on it!
Old 06-24-2013, 10:12 PM
Registered

Received 239 Likes on 92 Posts

[QUOTE=28Eliminator;3948400]Hey abones, you forgot Hasta La Vista (BABY)
I love how some people join a forum and proceed to tell everyone they don't know $hit.
cmn130 joined to try and get help and then a **** storm hits his thread! Sorry buddy.[/QUOT

Yes good one, I wish I would have thought of it!! But you are right cmn130 was only looking for help. It is to bad but maybe now we can move forward and get him some reasonable advise, there are a lot of very smart people here that are more than willing to offer solid advise
Old 06-25-2013, 12:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You fellas remind me of the big fat a$$ dudes with the big fancy boats with the gold digger girls hanging on them that think they are just the best there is.
Hell who do you think pays for all the good stuff in our boat engines???? at least i dont,,got your m - - - a payin for it as i type!!
Old 06-25-2013, 08:32 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aww man, why did this guy have to be from Central Ohio... And about my same age. And a farmer (I HATE farmers - federal subsidies, crop insurance etc... dont get me started)

I think I found his boat for sale sale on Craigslist!
http://dayton.craigslist.org/boa/3860712479.html

An appropriate name for it is either "Fireball" or "Blaze of Glory" - Can't decide.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]503389[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]503390[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]503391[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails new baja owner, blown motor , need advice please.-3e43ia3s25l85s85t5d6984c26848b2c71948.jpg   new baja owner, blown motor , need advice please.-3md3i73j25lb5ef5t2d69fbe83aa0655f1358.jpg   new baja owner, blown motor , need advice please.-3ta3fc3hd5ic5s35tdd6987372e3861411f54.jpg  

Last edited by flysfloatsor; 06-25-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BopWKDH5gc Here's a video of way2fastforu's ride. Wow! Was that a 47 or 48mph flyby?
Old 06-25-2013, 11:21 AM
Registered

Yup 47 mph or so on my gps at 4000 rpm with a labed prop I was trying out.

Oh umm was there a point in putting it on this thread cause this fella started it looking for help on his boat and now for some ignorant reason you put a video of my family boat on here??? U really just don't have a life do u. I never clamed to have the fastest boat or the best engine skills but I can help this guy where none of u really can. Unless u buy him a motor of Craigslist (Yeah I bet that's a good one) or send him to some high dollar shop. As u can see my boat runs just fine just the same as his would when done..
Old 06-25-2013, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by So2fast5u
Yup 47 mph or so on my gps at 4000 rpm with a labed prop I was trying out.

Oh umm was there a point in putting it on this thread cause this fella started it looking for help on his boat and now for some ignorant reason you put a video of my family boat on here??? U really just don't have a life do u. I never clamed to have the fastest boat or the best engine skills but I can help this guy where none of u really can. Unless u buy him a motor of Craigslist (Yeah I bet that's a good one) or send him to some high dollar shop. As u can see my boat runs just fine just the same as his would when done..
So you want some guy, who knows NOTHING about you, especially considering you just joined the site a couple weeks ago, (some of us been on here 10 years), to send his engine to you for repair. Then you spout off about how you wouldn't bother getting a new crate replacement engine, because you can rebuild his for pennies. And YOU DID claim to know more than anyone who replied to this thread about building engines. You told us we were a bunch of stupid, ignorant, fat, dummies who overspend our money on "marine" engines, which according to you, are nothing more than a car engine.

How can you give a ballpark price, when you don't even know the extent of his damage? For all we know, his crank might be toast, his rods bent, valve seats and valves junk, lifters galled up, and block rusted beyond passing a sonic test.

So, the reason we jumped on your a$$, is because you clearly don't have much experience, and more than likely leading the original poster in the wrong direction. If a engine needs a basic refresh, by all means you "freshen it up". But once you have major failures to the point of rod knocking, dropping valves, cracked heads, etc, with a STOCK 7.4L mercruiser, you're much better off getting a BRAND NEW replacement engine. You'll be time and money ahead in the long run.

You're arguing with guys who have built and rebuilt dozens and dozens of marine engines, and been doing it for many years. Some of which have rebuilt anything from a 330HP 454 to 1300hp pump gas engines. You've made your insults, you've gave your opening arguments. Maybe, just maybe, being a new guy, who can quite possibly learn a TON from this site as I have over the years, you'd consider shutting your mouth, and listening and learning something. your not impressing anyone with your "I can build a 750HP marine engine for 5,000" bullchit. We have all been there, and done that 10x over.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 817 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by So2fast5u
No it woud take $10 to builds a new one of dem. I gots one in the corner of the gerage that's bout the same engine but mine gots a carb. It twas all new in 2005 when I had a Bomber car. It now has 15 laps on a 3/8 mile track at 4240 rpm. I bet u fellas boat in fact I guarantee your boat motors would be lawn decorations after 10 laps. U guys really have no idea to the bout of a real race motor( thats really what your big bad boat motors are)U talk about sustained high power at high rpms. All I ever do is watch NASCAR. You fellas remind me of the bad a$$ dudes with the big fancy boats with the HOT girls hanging on them that think I em jus a backwoods idiot. U gots way more money than I 'll ever has!!. But hay this has been fun. My azz hurts so bad from gettin boned all day from my cuzins down yonder,. Hell even the machinist I use is laughing at me cuz I am such a DOOUCHE Bag!!!
Damn dude, you really are my hero!!!
Old 06-25-2013, 12:19 PM
Registered

I never gave him a price that could not be done till the motor was apart. I would not expect him to send me his motor and never asked him to. I did say if he was closer I could help him. U could build a thousand engines a yr that don't men u know anything dip ****. I have beet guys that build engines for a fu$&ing living and they just scratch there head. Guys like Don Ott, roush Yates, Jay dickens. They all build marine motors too.

So just because someone is new to this site means there a dum a$$ and are going to be smart as hell after they take your advice..........yeah right!!
Old 06-25-2013, 01:45 PM
Registered

According to this guy's youtube page he is a habitual douche that needs to learn how to spell, and take a grammar lesson. I didn't know hooked on phonics offered engine building classes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.