circulating pump >

circulating pump

Notices

circulating pump

Old 06-21-2013, 04:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default circulating pump

When adding a procharger to a 502 merc. Do you have to remove the circulating pump? Or is there a way to put it back on the engine?

Since the pump is gone, you only relie on the impelor to circulate the water.

Also does it take longer for the water temperature guage to register becasue of no circulating pump?
Old 06-23-2013, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My experience is without a circulating pump and thermostat the water temp never gets hot enough to register on the gauge...
Old 06-23-2013, 11:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had the boat out this sat and ran it for a good 15 to 20 min, when i get it up to about 30 mpg for a few mintues the gauge moves up to a little over 100 degrees

my mechanic said it would take a little longer, pluse he said there is no room for the pump, because the pump goes exactly where the super charger goes, Also he said the super charger squirts cold water thru the system, so it helps to run it on the colder side, , the system will run cooler with the charger. I had the boat up to 60 mph, with the the trim tabs all the way down. i lose about 15 to mph wit them down all the way, I hat about 2 1/2 foot waves on good old lake erie. The boat ran well. I was happy. It seemed the out drive trim was sticking alittle, the buttons would work once in a great while. But in the end it was a good day.