Ridiculous marine pricing on IAC valve >

Ridiculous marine pricing on IAC valve

Notices

Ridiculous marine pricing on IAC valve

Old 07-22-2013, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys,

These IAC valves are all over Ebay too. I paid under $20 SHIPPED to my door in FL. It works great, cleared up my idle. The trick is to figure out which car has the same! In my case Chevy Transport.

Regards,

Johan
Old 08-04-2013, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Well I had another IAC valve failure. This time it was the starboard engine. So after 310 hours on these 6.2's I have had the original IAC and a MerCruiser replacement IAC fail on each engine for a total of four. This will be the first time I am replacing with the part from RockAuto. It is the one on the left where the MerCruiser replacement that failed is on the right. We'll see how it does. Time to order another spare.

By the way, when you have an IAC valve failure the engine does not want to idle and will tend to die. If you barely crack the throttle open the engine will not die and will hold a slightly high idle. In my case around 700-750 rpm which is low enough to shift in and out of gear. This really helped getting her back in the slip.
Attached Thumbnails Ridiculous marine pricing on IAC valve-iac1.jpg   Ridiculous marine pricing on IAC valve-iac2.jpg   Ridiculous marine pricing on IAC valve-iac3.jpg  

Old 08-04-2013, 05:03 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Just an FYI.....if you have an engine with the 555 ecm, like the 600/700/850/1075 etc. and you have an IAC go out, do not continue running the engine. It will cause the IAC driver in the ecm to fail and you will be buying a new ecm along with the new IAC. Just thought I would throw that out there.
Eddie
Old 08-04-2013, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
Just an FYI.....if you have an engine with the 555 ecm, like the 600/700/850/1075 etc. and you have an IAC go out, do not continue running the engine. It will cause the IAC driver in the ecm to fail and you will be buying a new ecm along with the new IAC. Just thought I would throw that out there.
Eddie
We ran into this at Boyne Thunder, 600SCI. New ECM and IAC later....heard Whipple can repair the ECM??