496 stroker jetting questions >

496 stroker jetting questions

Notices

496 stroker jetting questions

Old 06-29-2013, 08:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 496 stroker jetting questions

Have a 496 stroker getting finished in the machine shop right now after oil pump went on the first run of the season, dropping it in my baja hammer. Got a new Holley 750 and was looking for any info on jetting. Not that I'm not experienced with minor jetting, I'm more looking to see if the jetting is close for the first run or if anyone else has this set up n can give me a starting point. Also has Gil exhaust and edlebrock intake Mallory ignition. Current jetting is:
72 main jets
31 main squirt

80 secondary jet
28 secondary squirt

Any info is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 06-29-2013, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

i see you are a new member,welcome aboard,that jetting seems lean for a 496,i would start with 80 in front with a power valve and 90 in the rear with no power valve,better to be rich than lean on a marine engine.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
i see you are a new member,welcome aboard,that jetting seems lean for a 496,i would start with 80 in front with a power valve and 90 in the rear with no power valve,better to be rich than lean on a marine engine.
Thanks! Yea I've checked the site out a bunch of times, figured might as well join and reach out to the tons of knowledge on here. A few people said that may be a little lean n to bump it up. Last thing I wanna do is fry it again with only a few months left of boating up here.