Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Drive Showers? >

Drive Showers?

Notices

Drive Showers?

Old 07-30-2002, 09:04 PM
Hudson

Default Drive Showers?

I've ordered a new Bravo outdrive for my boat and am thinking about whether to install a drive shower or not. The boat is a 23 Foot SeaRay with 454 Mag , 385hp.

The drive showers I've seen look really simple and easy to install.

What do you think about drive showers? Have you tried them? Do they work for you? Do you see a lot of them in use? Has anybody built their own?

Thanks,

Hudson

Old 07-30-2002, 09:28 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't even think about it twice. Just go put one on. It is the cheapest insurance policy you can get for that drive. I have an Imco shower. Fits and works great. Took all of 20 minutes to install. Any one of the drive showers out there are good. Just pick one.
Old 07-30-2002, 11:09 PM
Registered

wise words, i bought the Teague shower with the new style tip, was simple to install
Old 07-30-2002, 11:14 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 44 Posts

I have the "Halo" drive shower from Simreck Corp. Paul Kermis is the owner and has been on here in the past. His showers have worked great for me and with the new 90* tips as well.
Old 07-31-2002, 04:06 AM
Registered

I am kinda partial to the Innovative Marine fresh water drive shower......that showers the drive from the time you start the motor to the time you shut the motor off. In some applications when your drive is trimmed up.........the cavitaion plate showers do not get water or very little......the fresh water dosen't starve for water.....here is a pic of my installation
http://jlbco.hypermart.net/driveshower.htm

Last edited by enticer; 08-03-2002 at 05:15 AM.
Old 07-31-2002, 07:41 AM
Registered

innovative is the way to go....very cool set-up.
Old 07-31-2002, 07:53 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 342 Likes on 114 Posts

I've got a Simrek Halo shower as well. Drill two holes, replace one bolt with a longer one and your done!! Fifteen minutes max
Old 07-31-2002, 05:37 PM
Registered

Simrek Halo - bought it last year when a bunch of us bought it together (Paul gave us a great deal). BUT - I have not installed it yet .
Old 07-31-2002, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 104 Likes on 59 Posts

Bimini,
You mean to tell me you're still working on that house I'll come by and put it on for you! I installed mine the day after I got it from Paul. Have you been out to the inlet? We're going out to Claudios this weekend you should take a ride out. It's supposed to be a great weekend. I think there might be a few board members there, but I don't want to jinx them Get that boat in the water already! See ya
Old 07-31-2002, 08:13 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

So where do those Innovation Marine showers get their water from?? Circulating pump?? Their own pump? T in the water inlet hose??? T in the raw water to engine hose????

Quick Reply: Drive Showers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.