upgrading cam on 454 mag crossram efi >

upgrading cam on 454 mag crossram efi

Notices

upgrading cam on 454 mag crossram efi

Old 07-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default upgrading cam on 454 mag crossram efi

I have a set of 454 285hp crossram efi mags and i was curious if this computer is tuneable or would i have to go to a stand alone for any serious upgrades?

I've been thinking about doing a slight cam upgrade on it, but down the road i would like to pump out a. Bit more.

I wouldnt think a slight cam upgrade would do anything, bit if i can get another 200rpms out of it im curious if i would be fighting a srock limite, which leads me back to the sdjustability question.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by airbats801
I have a set of 454 285hp crossram efi mags and i was curious if this computer is tuneable or would i have to go to a stand alone for any serious upgrades?

I've been thinking about doing a slight cam upgrade on it, but down the road i would like to pump out a. Bit more.

I wouldnt think a slight cam upgrade would do anything, bit if i can get another 200rpms out of it im curious if i would be fighting a srock limite, which leads me back to the sdjustability question.
should be 385 hp....what year tho?
Old 07-08-2013, 01:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bow tie 4 bolt main 1993-1995 block
Old 07-08-2013, 02:13 AM
Registered

Received 110 Likes on 82 Posts

The short answer is yes the MEFI controllers are tune-able. You would need to install a wide-band O2 sensor to do so.