what are the chance >

what are the chance

Notices

what are the chance

Old 07-14-2013, 06:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what are the chance

Hi all I was talking the boat out for a nice 40 mile run for a over night stay at a marina this friday I was on my own as I was meeting some friends on there boats 7 miles up the coast ,
Both motors started fine and idled fine as soon as I left the dock they both just died , I am now drifting down a narrow creak sideways at 3 knots with boats tied up on both banks, I managed to jump on to one of them and kick push my boat off and hold it till help arrived , what mad it worse was some dick head siting on a bench shouted out you need some paddles for that , I put the boat back on the trailer and called my friends up to come and get me , Got back home today and removed fuel filters ,both half full of fuel so I am now looking at boost pumps ,And yes both boost pumps gone bad . , I do have a Q has anyone rigged up better boost pumps and fuel filter system on these 496ho motors if yes what pumps did you use . 2001 496Ho also does anyone know if the pumps are auto part and what are they fitted to .

Last edited by paul buckner; 07-14-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paul sorry to hear you had problems. Wish i could of been their to help you out. Glad to hear you were still close to the marina. I will shoot you an email tomorrow.