SBC Valve Cover Clearance Issue with GLM Manifolds >

SBC Valve Cover Clearance Issue with GLM Manifolds

Notices

SBC Valve Cover Clearance Issue with GLM Manifolds

Old 07-23-2013, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Trash
I understand, but my point was the stock valve covers will clear both aftermarket rollers AND the GLM manifolds. Some taller valve covers interfere with the exhaust manifolds so I kept the stock covers to eliminate this type of fitment issue. You could install the stock covers and should be on your way. They may not be as flashy but you could get them chromed if that was important to you.

Best of luck.
I would love to but the old covers are center bolt and the new heads take the perimeter bolt covers.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:08 AM
Registered

Received 110 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by hopper75
I would love to but the old covers are center bolt and the new heads take the perimeter bolt covers.
I forgot you went to perimeter bolt pattern. There are stock and stock type perimeter valve covers that are dimensionally the same as the center bolt style that should work. I can't tell from the pictures exactly where the clearance issue is but another option, and its not too eloquent, is to dimple out the the areas in question assuming it doesn't conflict with the rockers.

I understand your frustration as I nearly had the same dilemma until I had that "a ha!" moment getting the stock covers over full roller rockers thus clearing the GLMs too.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:46 AM
Platinum Member

I ran unto the same issue when I switched to Dart heads & a full roller setup with stud girdles, I ended up heating & putting a dimple in a cheap old set of covers then bought a nice set of aluminum ones from GM Performance store they fit perfect! kinda a weird shape on top but the look great a little pricey I had to buy (4) Summit Racing Part Number: NAL-12480127 good luck!
Old 07-24-2013, 06:35 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by hopper75
Are your covers centerbolt?
No. Perimeter style.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:40 AM
Registered

That looks about what I had hopper. I ran the 3/8 header flanges for a few months, then finally had enough money to buy two pairs of emi thunder manifold and long tails, those have plenty of room with no spacers.