Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
What's the magic spot for a thru hull water depth gage transducer on stepped hull? >

What's the magic spot for a thru hull water depth gage transducer on stepped hull?

Notices

What's the magic spot for a thru hull water depth gage transducer on stepped hull?

Old 07-22-2013, 10:19 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default What's the magic spot for a thru hull water depth gage transducer on stepped hull?

I'm looking to relocate my transducer as it came unstuck from the old epoxy somehow. Must not have had it cleaned good enough when I installed it 3 years ago. Anyways, anything above s-n-w speeds, it would not read. I had it located directly below and centered under the engine. I noticed the old spot was just to the starboard side of center and mounted at an angle or chine. Is there a better spot that someone could fill me in on for my 25' Eliminator eagle hull that would possibly read a little bit faster speeds? Thanks.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think you will get much of a read above idle in a step hull.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:24 PM
Registered

Figured as much, but thought i'd ask...........
Old 07-23-2013, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

My transducer is installed in front of the first step on my twin step 292 under the the step down lid entering the cabin. Picks up the depth running 70 mph with no problem.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech
My transducer is installed in front of the first step on my twin step 292 under the the step down lid entering the cabin. Picks up the depth running 70 mph with no problem.

+1 mine is just before the first step, reads fine at 70plus. I just always wonder if I am going to have enough time to slow down.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Interesting, unfortunately on my 25' Eagle that would put the transducer under the fuel tank. There are two holes moulded into the tank I suppose for strength maybe a transducer can be mounted where one of them are located after I foam the tank back in. Thanks for the heads up. Randy
Old 07-25-2013, 10:15 AM
Registered

Yeah, i'm trying to think if I have access to that area without cutting the floor open. I don't believe so........

Bummer.