525 EFI Guru's need help! >

525 EFI Guru's need help!

Notices

525 EFI Guru's need help!

Old 04-07-2015, 04:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
Dave I emailed you back from day one and even Sunday. Seen your email last night if I got yours - I sent another email and sent the original 2 back to you. Did you get them this time out. If not send me your phone # and times to call in a new email and I will get back to you that way. I have no idea why you can not get my emails. Sorry. John
Didn't see anything come through. I don't have spam filters that I know of I'll try again
Old 04-07-2015, 05:31 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

OSO pm sent back as well. hopefully can make this easier.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:03 AM
Registered

Hi Guys -

As usual a good search of these forums has found my exact problem - down to the cylinder. Does anyone know the resolution to this issue?

Bonesmalon - did you ever get #6 to clean up? I've done all the same things including new plugs, wires, swapping coils, even pulled the plenum and swapped injectors as well as swapping ECM's between engines. Compression tests turn out within 1% across the entire suspect engine and going to do leakdown later today; but I'm very curious if this was resolved because if that turns out normal then I'm totally clueless - can't pull the proper RPM, still blacking out #6 plug and sounds very suspicious at idle.

Thank you all so much for any info on anyone whom knows what the solution was!

Jeremy
Old 08-31-2016, 12:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jjasiole
Hi Guys -

As usual a good search of these forums has found my exact problem - down to the cylinder. Does anyone know the resolution to this issue?

Bonesmalon - did you ever get #6 to clean up? I've done all the same things including new plugs, wires, swapping coils, even pulled the plenum and swapped injectors as well as swapping ECM's between engines. Compression tests turn out within 1% across the entire suspect engine and going to do leakdown later today; but I'm very curious if this was resolved because if that turns out normal then I'm totally clueless - can't pull the proper RPM, still blacking out #6 plug and sounds very suspicious at idle.

Thank you all so much for any info on anyone whom knows what the solution was!

Jeremy
Didn't find the cause until I went to do the valve spring change. Turns out cyl #4 and #6 were communicating with each other via the head gasket. New springs and seals from Teague, .006 off the heads to true them up, Cometic gaskets and changed to ARP head studs.
Old 08-31-2016, 01:34 PM
Registered

Thank you Bonesmalon! I'm confused on how your leakdown as well as compression were good if the head gasket was the culprit - but I will keep that in mind. There isn't likely any way to test that theory on mine w out just pulling the head, is there?

I'm honestly down to the exact place you were given all the items I've switched and tried. That or a bad / worn wire in the harness somewhere...

Thanks so much for the advice,

Jeremy
Old 08-31-2016, 07:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jjasiole
Thank you Bonesmalon! I'm confused on how your leakdown as well as compression were good if the head gasket was the culprit - but I will keep that in mind. There isn't likely any way to test that theory on mine w out just pulling the head, is there?

I'm honestly down to the exact place you were given all the items I've switched and tried. That or a bad / worn wire in the harness somewhere...

Thanks so much for the advice,

Jeremy
That's what was crazy before doing the springs I decided to do a compression check really didn't show anything that would alarm the average guy Then I did leakdown. Did the "good" motor first... Cyl #3 showed 80/60 psi and #6 showed same while all others were 80/76 80/77. I pressurized #3 and it was blowing out #5
Bottom line is leakdown is better than compression check but not flawless