Bravo 3 BIII prop install question >

Bravo 3 BIII prop install question

Notices

Bravo 3 BIII prop install question

Old 08-07-2013, 01:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bravo 3 BIII prop install question

I was searching and reading a few threads here about B3 props. I have a 28' Ultimate Warlock V bottom boat that had B3 26p props on it with a BBC. After having my engine rebuilt and bumping up the power output, the 26's were not getting me into the sweet spot of the power range at WOT. I was turning ~4600-4700 RPM and my engine sweet spot is more ~5000 RPM. So, I picked up a set of 24p props and just installed them. As I was reading threads here, I kept seeing "make sure you get the thrust washer back in place." Where is said thrust washer, and is it a flat washer? I looked at my old 26p props(now removed) and see nothing, washer wise, stuck to the old props.

If I grab the front prop, there is a small amount of forward/back movement in that prop. Is that normal, or did I miss the thrust washer?
I remember there being a tapered "washer" that stayed on the shafts when I removed the 26p props. Is that the thrust washer? I haven't ran the boat yet so I'd like to make sure I'm good to go before dropping in the water. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 765 Likes on 413 Posts

Parts 43 and 45 in the picture. Tapered brass.

https://www.mercruiserparts.com/Show...BRAVO+THREE%29

Last edited by Knot 4 Me; 08-07-2013 at 07:56 AM.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:36 AM
Registered

Thanks Knot 4 Me! That clears it up....those tapered brass pieces were definitely what I saw on the shafts. I tried to remove them and it seemed like they were stuck in place pretty good. Is the small amount of forward/back thrust movement on the front prop normal for a Bravo 3?
Old 08-08-2013, 11:47 PM
Registered

If I grab the front prop, there is a small amount of forward/back movement in that prop. Is that normal, or did I miss something?

Going out this weekend and would hate to jack up a new set of props from missing something important. Thank you in advance!
Old 08-09-2013, 07:38 AM
Registered

Received 765 Likes on 413 Posts

If the thrust hubs are in place, the forward prop torqued to 100 ft lb and the rear prop torqued to 60 ft lb, I think you are good to go.