mercruiser trim problem >

mercruiser trim problem

Notices

mercruiser trim problem

Old 08-11-2013, 09:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mercruiser trim problem

Hi everyone new to site I have a searay sundancer with mercruiser bravo 3 duo prop my problem is my thru hull drive trim lines have gone bad inside the boat and unless I move the engines foward I cant get access to replace them. Back in my offshore racing days someone made thru hull blocks you can relocate the lines by drilling new holes in the transom mounting new hardware and connecting new hoses does anyone know who manufactures this system. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:04 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you remove the distribution block on the bottom of the transom assy to get to the lines you can wrap some baling wire around the lines then pull them out from inside the boat. The baling wire will allow you to twist & or turn the new lines while pulling them through from the outside with someone feeding them from inside, make sure you pull the rear hose 1st or the fwd hose will block the rear one from coming through all the way. Hope that helps. Randy