Notices

Engine Hatch Issues

Old 09-10-2013, 04:41 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Engine Hatch Issues

Hi Guys,

I have a 2005 Donzi 38ZR. My problem is that my engine hatch will not open. I can hear a click when I try to open it which I am assuming may be a relay inside the motor box. I have full battery power. I think I am getting power to the relay because I hear the click sound.

Looking for some advice on how to open the hatch and also any wiring expertise anyone has related to this issue.

Thanks for your help
Old 09-10-2013, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You may need to find a way to get into the hatch area, through air vents, or by removing back seat and drilling hole through bench frame, etc., so you can access either the pull pin that is near the top of the ram (note, my pull pins had a metal press button in the middle of the handle of the pull pin that had to be depressed so that the pin unlocks and then can be pulled out). OR, you can focus on the through-bolts that connect the ram to the inside of the hull. This spot is usually accessible through the seat back. Did this with my 27 just two weeks ago, and ended up doing the pin on one side, and the through-bolt on the other. Once the hatch is open then you can fix the wiring problem. Of course change out your switch at the dash first, before all this. It may be pooched.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:12 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 09-10-2013, 10:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check your motor compartment vents, there may be a cable that pulls the pin out of the hatch motor so you can lift it manually, they have them on Checkmates, I figure this out a year ago after my hatch motor broke and I got pissed off and I grabbed ahold of my hatch real good and lifted with a pretty good amount of force and I popped the plastic end out of the steel push rod. Do you have a hydraulic lift or a electric lift? My electric was a Lenco, they come with quick pull pins.