Chocolate slushy in bilge >

Chocolate slushy in bilge

Notices

Chocolate slushy in bilge

Old 09-10-2013, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts
Default Chocolate slushy in bilge

I started getting water in the bilge that is mixed with oil at idle I can not find any leaks. My dipstick is also getting some brown milky film on it but only partially the rest of the dipstick has clean oil on it. The oil level is also low now. So what is happening to my oil, how is it getting in bilge? What are the chances it is the cooler? It only seams to fill up with water while running or under pressure it seams, but I am not positive. Give me some ideas please.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:54 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had an oil pan that had a pinhole rust spot and was leaking into the bilge had to pull the motor to replace it. But if you have milky oil inside the engine, it is either a failed or failing head gasket, or a leaking oil cooler, you need to figure it out before running it anymore or you risk killing the whole motor.

Drain the oil take off the oil cooler and inspect it and pressure test it, do a leakdown test to see if you have any cylinders that are off from the rest and get a look at the bottom of the motor to see if there is a physical leak.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:19 PM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Hoping to pull motor this weekend.