dui distributors

Notices

dui distributors

Old 09-26-2013, 09:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dui distributors

is anyone running them? how do you like them . seems like a great deal just install and go, no ignition boxes to worry about. just curious on what horsepower your running using these.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:46 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I run them on my twin Vortec SBC's. I had DUI set them up to give me 32* at 3000. With an initial of 10* they are dead balls on at 32* at 3000. I have their wires too...very simple system...so far so good. Normal guys to deal with.

HP is around 425-430 w/450# of TQ....I don't spin over 5600...mine are supposed to be good to 7000.

I run in the open ocean and to the Bahamas. I don't do drama...especially 65 miles offshore.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:29 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I ran them, nothing but problems, one motor detonated because the shaft wasn't secured alowing timing to move around ,aloo so much up and down play they moved up and wiped out the distributor cap. I would stay away!
Old 09-27-2013, 07:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I have two friends that run DUI. One has 625hp+ N/A and the other runs 800hp+ blower motors. No problems. I bought one for my new motor. Should be over 500hp.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:28 AM
Registered
Gold Member

I have been running DUI on 425hp for 5 years and almost trouble free. I needed to have DUI recurve and they did an excellent job with quick turnaround. The only issue was a module went out after sitting during the winter and when I tried to start in the spring, I had no spark. Replaced with a new module and running perfectly for the last 3 years.

The good news is in a pinch you can buy HEI replacement parts from the local parts store and get up and running. I always deal with the guys at DUI and they are excellent. The only down side is I have upgraded my power and want to get a rev-limiter that goes under the distributor cap and they have been out of stock (redesign) for an extended period of time. I could use the rev-limiter box and mount somewhere but want to keep everything self contained.