Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Window rubber to hold window in frame.. >

Window rubber to hold window in frame..

Notices

Window rubber to hold window in frame..

Old 11-04-2013, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window rubber to hold window in frame..

I am looking to powder coat the window frame on my Baja..but where can I get the little rubber strips that hold the window into the frame? I have a feeling since my boat is a 88 its going to just fall apart when I take the window out..
Old 11-05-2013, 01:09 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

More than likely, you could use the same stuff they use to hold glass in framed shower doors.
Maybe something like these except I would look for clear http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-ru...annels/=p8qzvy
Old 11-05-2013, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Try contacting Taylor Made Products - I believe they are the ones who supplied the original materials, and they may have something that will work. You may have to cut off a small piece of it to send to them so they can try to match it up.

I had a problem with some of the rubber gasket wrinkling up from the heat and squeezing out on mine. I just cut off the part that had pushed out with a razor blade and then filled the gap with some black silicon. Don't think that will be a solution to your needs, but it worked for my situation. I will be interested to see how your project turns out, because I would like to do the same thing to my 88 Force. I would like to glass bead my frame and powder coat it silver, since the black rubs off and scratches easily, and get hotter than hell in the summer. Post up some pictures when you get it done!