Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Seawater/fuel pump mounting bracket for V-belt? >

Seawater/fuel pump mounting bracket for V-belt?

Notices

Seawater/fuel pump mounting bracket for V-belt?

Old 11-10-2013, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

you have the correct bracket ,.the fuel pump mounts on the top of the pump .i dont think they make any onther brackets for gen 5 6 motors

here is how it should look .i never used the pump i had electric and blocked it off but you can get the idea how it mounts
Attached Thumbnails Seawater/fuel pump mounting bracket for V-belt?-serp-pullys-023.jpg  
Old 11-10-2013, 08:38 PM
Registered

Location: Omaha, Nebraska. Boat on the Mighty Mo! Longest river in the USA!
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Yest there is another setup it has a bracket for the fuel filter on it. I will post a pic tomorrow. The most common smoin gun posted.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

yes they do make another brkt but the bottom half is still the same as this one
Old 11-10-2013, 10:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK thanks a bunch fellas..... I did not think the pump would be mounted like that? Thanks for setting me straight! I will check it out tomorrow and see if I can mount it vertically...... I am also planning on having an electric pmp as a backp as I have heard failures are common..... In fact I might just eliminate the mechanical pump all together as smokin did...... I will post back and hopefully I can get the picture thing figured out...
Thanks again for the help........ TBF
Old 11-11-2013, 05:14 PM
Registered

Well, I mounted the pump vertically and it bolted right up! I got some white lithium grease and lubed up a new impeller and got it installed. Got the rubber fins turning the right way and got it all together. I did notice some very sharp edges in the plastic housing that I smoothed out with some 400 grit..... Some of the sharp edges would have certainly gouged the impeller.... What crappy quality control..... Thanks again for setting me straight on this pump deal! TBF
Old 11-12-2013, 12:30 AM
Registered

OK, have to use google chrome for the pix to work..... here it is.....[ATTACH=CONFIG]512204[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Seawater/fuel pump mounting bracket for V-belt?-securedownload-2-.jpg  
Old 11-12-2013, 07:37 AM
Registered

Location: Omaha, Nebraska. Boat on the Mighty Mo! Longest river in the USA!
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Looks correct too me. I will post a pic before noon. I have a few laying around and two mounted to engines in my shop. As far as I know Mercruiser only make a one piece housing. I have not seen a two piece in years.
Its gong to look like Smokin Gun, but I have a couple pumps removed off the bracket.

Notice one bolt by the white line is not mounted to the bracket, leaving 4 bolts.
Attached Thumbnails Seawater/fuel pump mounting bracket for V-belt?-seapump.jpg  

Last edited by 1BIGJIM; 11-12-2013 at 03:52 PM.