engine swap 496 ho to 525s >

engine swap 496 ho to 525s

Notices

engine swap 496 ho to 525s

Old 11-13-2013, 06:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine swap 496 ho to 525s

I am getting ready to pull my 496 hos out of my sensation and replace them with 525s .my question is if any one has done this and what kind of problems did you run into and any pointers for me ?
Old 11-13-2013, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've done a few, not too difficult. If you have a 10 pin harness connector you'll need an adapter and a digital to analog converter to run your gauges. You might have some issues with tail pipe alignment. Just depends on how the original holes were cut. If you are having to order tailpipes anyway, get the measurements of the holes and have them made to fit correctly.

Originally Posted by never_ satisfied
I am getting ready to pull my 496 hos out of my sensation and replace them with 525s .my question is if any one has done this and what kind of problems did you run into and any pointers for me ?
Old 11-13-2013, 11:01 AM
Registered

Never_satisfied

I have the same boat 05 with the Mag's, really interested in how this plays out please keep us updated. I also have a buddy looking for some 496's what are you doing with your old motors?

Greg
Old 11-13-2013, 03:00 PM
Registered

I am for sure looking for 496HO's for my boat. Let me know if you are going to sell them, and I would like the engine scans for hours and thorttle time at what rpm's range. I can take them off you hands this weekend LOL... Thanks
Old 11-13-2013, 06:58 PM
Registered

never_satisfied couldn't get logged back in to respond to you that are intersted in his 496's. he's working on it.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

I did this swap. The engine is plug and play with the pin adapter. I had to have my old exhaust holes filled in and new ones cut. Do not cut the new holes until you have the tails since they need to be perfect. You will need a new wiring harness, analog gauge interface box and the ecu flashed to pt out an analog signal. Or switch to a smartcraft display. I put in the new harness and nothing worked. Finally I put the old harness back in and rewired my trim switch. Now I can drive my boat but I have no tach, oil pressure or temperature gauges. Let me know if you figure out how to make this work! I am propped to hit the rev limiter in perfect conditions (86 mph at 5,400. I monitor engine temp and oil temp with an infrared heat gun. This engine has built in safe guards for oil pressure loss, overheating and over revving. You will love the difference. I picked up 10 mph, exhilarating acceleration and a very reliable engine package. Let me know if and how you get the analog gauges working please. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZbgI3fZ92U
Old 11-13-2013, 09:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

carl..should have posted your loud ass one,, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSUWplf6m6A
Old 11-14-2013, 05:52 AM
Registered

I am going to sell the 496ho s I do not have them out of the boat yet but it will be soon I hope.i was thinkining like 14000.oo for the pair but will take offers.i have e top headers on them right now but will be putting the stock manifolds back on and I will be selling the headers separately .not sure on a price for them yet. the motors were serviced at my local shop who is merc certified and they have 315 hours on them.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:01 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by never_ satisfied
I am going to sell the 496ho s I do not have them out of the boat yet but it will be soon I hope.i was thinkining like 14000.oo for the pair but will take offers.i have e top headers on them right now but will be putting the stock manifolds back on and I will be selling the headers separately .not sure on a price for them yet. the motors were serviced at my local shop who is merc certified and they have 315 hours on them.
How much for the Etop headers, interested. Thanks
Old 11-14-2013, 06:06 AM
Registered

I have 9000.00 in them .they are a yerold now o probably 6000.00.