Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Closed cooling question? Use 1or 2 water feeds??? >

Closed cooling question? Use 1or 2 water feeds???

Notices

Closed cooling question? Use 1or 2 water feeds???

Old 12-16-2013, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Closed cooling question? Use 1or 2 water feeds???

[ATTACH=CONFIG]514379[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]514379[/ATTACH]Got my 509 installed in my Donzi 26ZX and just got my Monitor closed cooling kit. Fit will be tight With the center lift ram but I think it will work. I am using 496 manifolds and risers and they have 2 outlets 0n the manifolds and 2 inlets on the risers. Kit only uses 1 outlet from each manifold and 1 inlet to each riser for water lines. These are standard 1" hoses and my question is will I be OK blocking off 1 of each of the water elbows on the manifold and riser? I think the water flow should be plenty but I am using a closed cooling kit for the block and manifolds as I am using aluminum heads/intake/ exhaust manifolds as well in salt water. I can always run a Y hose to connect them all but for now I think I will just try the single water feed/exhaust for now...... Anybody ever used a 496 exhaust with a full cooling setup?? BTW, I had to glass the existing transom exhaust holes as they were way to low to work with my exhaust....... Being raised up about 4" now..... I hope to have this thing going by the end of the week........ TBF
Attached Thumbnails Closed cooling question? Use 1or 2 water feeds???-securedownload-5-.jpg  

Last edited by tpabayflyer; 12-16-2013 at 10:01 PM.