Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Question on Pulling my engine >

Question on Pulling my engine

Notices

Question on Pulling my engine

Old 01-08-2014, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

advance auto sells chain with positionable midlink, chain wont slip. have had good luck.$10-20. a lot of the adjustable lifters use screw thread with captured nut, original used acme(square) thread, much harder material. it was designed to move under load, unlike screw thread.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just thought I would give an update. Engine came out pretty smooth with the forklift and I got everything fixed that needed to be fixed. Putting it back in couldn't have gone any smoother, I got access to an overhead crane, I think we had it back in and bolted up in about 30 minutes. I got everything re-plumbed and wired and finally got to run it twice this last weekend. aside from a few small gremlins that I found Friday it ran great. I spent Saturday addressing these few small things, trim gauge and fuel gauge wasn't working. Ran it again on Sunday and I think I'm officially back in business. Thanks for all the help fellas.