What valve covers to clear stud girdle and lightning headers >

What valve covers to clear stud girdle and lightning headers

Notices

What valve covers to clear stud girdle and lightning headers

Old 01-29-2014, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What valve covers to clear stud girdle and lightning headers

want to upgrade to stud girdle after talking with Bob M. on valve train stability, trying to figure out what valve covers are out there to clear that and lightning headers ? Thanks Rob
Old 01-29-2014, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

I have a set of Hardin valve covers that are angled at the outside to clear the headers and have ample room for a stud girdle. I have Lightning headers and will be installing a set of stud girdles as well this winter.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:40 AM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rob,
I dont know the answer to your question, but I am going to make a suggestion. A few years back, I switched over to T&D shaft rockers. They cleared my 2 piece Eickert covers, which suck by the way, they leak. I run a solid roller. Before switching to shaft rockers, I had to stay on top of the valve lash. Now, I only have to set the lash once a year, when I take the rockers apart for inspection. By now I know, that if I loose lash, something is wearing out. These rockers simply dont loose adjustment at all. The only down side is the $$.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Vinny P
Rob,
I dont know the answer to your question, but I am going to make a suggestion. A few years back, I switched over to T&D shaft rockers. They cleared my 2 piece Eickert covers, which suck by the way, they leak. I run a solid roller. Before switching to shaft rockers, I had to stay on top of the valve lash. Now, I only have to set the lash once a year, when I take the rockers apart for inspection. By now I know, that if I loose lash, something is wearing out. These rockers simply dont loose adjustment at all. The only down side is the $$.
Vinny, thanks, only running a 500hp cam, so I did not think needed even a girdle until talking with Bob at length..know what you mean with the shaft deals...great setup...you snowed in up there ???
Old 01-29-2014, 07:55 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ezstriper
Vinny, thanks, only running a 500hp cam, so I did not think needed even a girdle until talking with Bob at length..know what you mean with the shaft deals...great setup...you snowed in up there ???
Rob,
Not too much snow here, but the cold is ridiculous. Cant wait for summer to return. Getting back to business..... In my opinion, I am for anything that can make your valve train more stable. I say go for the stud girdles.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:25 PM
Registered

Vinny, thanks again...same here on the damn cold !!!