Looking for some input on current situation >

Looking for some input on current situation

Notices

Looking for some input on current situation

Old 03-16-2014, 04:48 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Spent a lot of time in one and the way it handles and flies over bigger waves that many shouldn't repeat, I would keep it twin small blocks......if you want to tackle the project that lays ahead.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone to the feedback and suggestions. Also greatly appreciate the honest comments about the situation. Looking in the market, there isn't a whole lot in a decent quality staying with the same size. Found a 1990 Baja 280ES, a 1990 235DVX, a sonic 24 SS and a 24' Liberator that I am going to look at. I'll be comparing space and ride to what I have now and will probably make the decision based on a number of factors and points made by all of you.

Thanks again for the inputs and I will keep everyone posted on which direction I go. It will either be a new boat, or the beginning of a long restoration thread, haha!

-Josh
Old 03-31-2014, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I came accross a deal I couldn't pass up on. Picked up a 1990 Baja 280 sport this past weekend. 2 owner, trailer kept, super clean, tons of maintenance records for well within my budget. Boat has nice blue and gray color package with nice vinyl and is super clean. Owner just upgraded to a bigger/newer boat end of last season. I'll post up some pics once I get a chance to snap some, assuming we get a little bit of a break from all the rain here!

Thanks again for all your input guys and now my family and I can go out and enjoy boating this year instead of sitting in a boat on the trailer in the shop working on it. Really looking forward to the warmer weather and getting back out there!

Additionally, I'd love to meet up with some folks this season if anyone boats down in the DE river or C&D canal area near old newcastle, delaware city area.

Thanks again!

- Josh