lying to your insurance company? ?? >

lying to your insurance company? ??

Notices

lying to your insurance company? ??

Old 05-28-2014, 01:50 PM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
What's the name of the company? If that's how they roll then maybe they should be "outed" to spare others the problems. I had a big problem with a claim with progressive when I was rear ended in traffic and the other driver ticketed. They'd rather put their money into advertising than paying claims.
I had same experience with Geico, other guys fault, he got ticket, went to arbitration, 100% his fault until they finally paid up. Took 6 months. They did not what to pay his claim either. Geico Sucks.
Old 05-28-2014, 02:06 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Far more accidents at docks with family boats than from speed with performance boats.
I'm talking personal injury, not just vehicle damage.
Fact.

Guess what cost more.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
So pretty much unless you dyno your engine, your insurance may be invalid. Wonder how many guys out there have 800hp engines they built themselves that might make 900hp on a dyno.

What about pulley changes ? One engine might make 800hp with one set of pulleys and 900hp with another set of pulleys
I think that most people who build their own 800hp engines and don't dyno them would be shocked to see that they only make 475hp.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snapmorgan
I think that most people who build their own 800hp engines and don't dyno them would be shocked to see that they only make 475hp.
That's a relief! I built for 800hp. Glad i won't have to change insurance from my 500s. lol
Old 05-28-2014, 10:10 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I'm gonna start a thread "does anyone cheat on their taxes " lol
Old 05-28-2014, 10:30 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
Far more accidents at docks with family boats than from speed with performance boats.
I'm talking personal injury, not just vehicle damage.
Fact.

Guess what cost more.
Yes, but you need to also pay attention to the line items and the specific costs on your insurance policy. I think you will find the Personal Liability and Medical Payments line items to be relatively similar on many policies.

Family boats may have more claims. But performance boats have fewer claims; which are more expensive. The bigger the boat, the more passengers; the more liability. They have so many formulas in calculating risk, it would make a chemist say "I give".
Old 05-28-2014, 10:54 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

I'll be first.

I lie to my insurance company every time I add a vehicle which can be 1 or 2 times a year.

When they ask questions to rate my experiences and so forth I always say Totally Satisfied.

Sorry, but only way I'd be totally satisfied If I got all my money back for 30 yrs of paying and only having 1 windshield replacement. That's it for claims for me. Damn them ! LOL.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:04 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sb
i'll be first.

I lie to my insurance company every time i add a vehicle which can be 1 or 2 times a year.

When they ask questions to rate my experiences and so forth i always say totally satisfied.

Sorry, but only way i'd be totally satisfied if i got all my money back for 30 yrs of paying and only having 1 windshield replacement. That's it for claims for me. Damn them ! Lol.
awesome!!!!!
Old 05-29-2014, 07:26 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

I told the truth. 415 hp and 55 mph go slow, not go fast
Old 05-29-2014, 12:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

FWIW-Insurance companys will do ANYTHING to NOT pay a claim. A trans customer had a lift kit on a 1ton mini dump truck for his side business, stupid azz idea anyways as I think lift kits for trucks that tow or haul and never go off road are just plain stupid. He swerved to avoid something at 65 mph, caught shoulder/drop off of road, truck spun out hooked and rolled, TOTALED. Insurance adjuster took one look at it and denied the claim, those 12 pages of writing that no body reads mention not covered: MODIFIED FROM STOCK CONDITION, IE lift kits etc and they stuck it up his azz , he tried suing and lost, this is a FIRST hand story that I heard from his mouth, not internet urban legend. If you lie about your hp and its blatant and there is a claim they can and will deny it even if its not speed related-IE you have a 1000 hp blower motor, policy says 450 hp 502 mpi, barn blows down and destroys boat, insurance co drags boat out, takes a look and says oh, its supercharged, we would have never insured it in the first place so they can deny claim as you fraudulently insured it, distinct possibility , Smitty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.