Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Ocean Marine AC unit reading HPF??? >

Ocean Marine AC unit reading HPF???

Notices

Ocean Marine AC unit reading HPF???

Old 05-28-2014, 05:33 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ocean Marine AC unit reading HPF???

Ran the heat in the boat about a month ago and it ran fine, ran the heat again over the weekend and fine again. Switched to AC and it ran fine for about 5 minutes and shut off. There was water flow with the heat, not sure with the cool. There is water in the lines past the pump and sea strainer, I can see that in the bilge. I try turning off the system and the breaker and I still get the HPF flash code and the system does not run. Could it be a sensor? And if so can it be replaced with out the freon leaking out. Need some help here.

Thanks!
Old 05-28-2014, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,241 Posts

High pressure from insufficient water flow or a bad switch. I`d lean towards water flow those switches don`t go bad that often.. but iM` speaking from commercial and residential experience only..
First I`d check water flow then I`d jump out the switch. Those units have a critical charge and I`m pretty sure you`ll lose the charge if you need to replace the switch.. meaning you`ll have to weight the charge back in ..meaning time for a professional
Old 05-28-2014, 08:25 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Assuming its a R/C vs electric heat unit sense you state water with heat. 5 min seems about right timing before it will overheat with no water flow. Make sure you have flow coming out, not just water in the lines. Do you have to press the reset to get it to run?
Old 05-28-2014, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Every time that happens to me I pull the hose off the sea cock and use the dock shore water to clear the line. Problem solved. Hope it works for you.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having the same issue. Good water flow through the unit. Could it be from too much Freon in the system?
Old 05-29-2014, 08:22 AM
Registered

Even if there is zero water flow wouldn't it turn back on after it cools down or is there a reset on the unit?
Old 05-29-2014, 11:53 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Both of mine have a reset on the unit itself that have to be pushed when shut down from overheat
Old 05-30-2014, 11:05 AM
artselectricinc.com
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Both of mine have a reset on the unit itself that have to be pushed when shut down from overheat
Same here, and it doesn't take more than a minute of running without water flow to trip it.
Old 06-07-2014, 08:59 PM
Registered

I tore the thing apart today and no reset. I turned the AC unit on while the boat was out of the water and when I switched the thermostat to cool I got a click... then another click and the HPF flashed again. No fan running no compressor. I flipped it to heat and fan turned on. I located the HP switch and jiggled the wires around trying to locate how I could take it off or if it would release freon and after that I tried one last time and it kicked on. I quickly turned it off but I think that answers my question.

Also is Ocean Breeze the same thing as Ocean Marine??