Turbo question! Advice needed

Notices

Turbo question! Advice needed

Old 05-29-2014, 09:07 AM
Banned
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vortech supercharger question! Advice needed

My question is if I can get this votech set up for under 1000$ is it worth it? Is it possable to be set up for 454! I know little about http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/...18supercharger and could really use some good advise quick fast in a hurry. Check out the link

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/page.php?id=30018

Last edited by doubleduecedonzi; 05-29-2014 at 10:51 AM.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

That's a centrifugal supercharger. Not a turbo...
Old 05-29-2014, 10:40 AM
Banned
Platinum Member

Pardon me! Thanks for all you help
Old 05-29-2014, 10:50 AM
Banned
Platinum Member

My concern is does it flow enough? First thought I why wouldn't it!? Any forced would be better than nothing. Then was reading on some other auto forums saw where guys claimed it wasn't big enough to get the best performance out of a gm 400. Like said I don't know anything about 'superchargers' and posted this without having time to really read up on this particular model. It's the vortech v9g. The person selling it it know about as much as I. I asked for part #'s and info/ what it came off of, his reply was the model number that it came off a chevy.... Said it fits anything! Hahah yea sure......
Old 05-29-2014, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

Yea, they're belt driven instead of exhaust gas driven and they'll work on a 454 with all the other necessary components.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleduecedonzi
My concern is does it flow enough? First thought I why wouldn't it!? Any forced would be better than nothing. Then was reading on some other auto forums saw where guys claimed it wasn't big enough to get the best performance out of a gm 400. Like said I don't know anything about 'superchargers' and posted this without having time to really read up on this particular model. It's the vortech v9g. The person selling it it know about as much as I. I asked for part #'s and info/ what it came off of, his reply was the model number that it came off a chevy.... Said it fits anything! Hahah yea sure......
It will fit anything, with all the other components and there's a lot of them. It's a bolt on setup but it's far from simple.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:13 AM
Banned
Platinum Member

10/4 fellas so it flows plenty and will produce will produce good hp numbers . If I didnt think it was such a good I wouldn't bother. He's selling the whole kit not just the turbo. From what I've seen vortech sell it in kits intended for sbc's, i compared the numbers on there chart to the supercharger they sell in the bbc kit and it flows a good bit more. no surprise but that's that's what makes me think it designed for small block. I've yet to find a kit they currently sell with the v9g supercharger