Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Any feedback on Venture aluminum trailers? specifically the tandem 5k axle 8725 >

Any feedback on Venture aluminum trailers? specifically the tandem 5k axle 8725

Notices

Any feedback on Venture aluminum trailers? specifically the tandem 5k axle 8725

Old 07-10-2014, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any feedback on Venture aluminum trailers? specifically the tandem 5k axle 8725

i'm considering buying a venture aluminum trailer, does anyone here own one?

thanks!

Old 07-10-2014, 08:31 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I have a triple and no complaints...
Old 07-11-2014, 12:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 816 Likes on 374 Posts

I just bought a double axle version for my 2000 272 Baja, it flexes more vs a steel trailer and needed MUCH adjustment/modification to fit my boat as it was a more generic trailer than the Eagle built specificly for my boat but for 4000$ where can you get a new 8300 lb trailer with disc brakes, mag rims, d range 15" tires and torsion axles. Overall happy so far, Smitty
Old 07-11-2014, 12:30 AM
Registered

Smitty, which model did you get and what is the name of the dealer you used? I'm being quoted 5k w leaf springs, aluminum wheels and front target bunks

Last edited by nedpoole; 07-11-2014 at 12:35 AM.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:22 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a triple under my 29' Fountain. Tows nice. Zero issues.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 816 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by nedpoole
Smitty, which model did you get and what is the name of the dealer you used? I'm being quoted 5k w leaf springs, aluminum wheels and front target bunks
This is where I bought mine:http://zinnermarine.com/venture_aluminum_trailers.html, not sure what model but it is a dual axle with torsion axles, aluminum wheels, load range d tires, has a heavier hitch and surge brakes than my Eagle did. The tires look like some kind of 20$ a piece Chinese garbage but are working so far , took hours of adjustment to get it to fit boat right, sawed off front winch post, moved it forward about 12", moved front bunk boards out and down as far as possible to get boat to set on rear bunks, sawed off the adjustable bunk tubes under neath afterwards so they wouldnt get hung up on a drop off or anything , still a good deal though, Smitty
Old 07-12-2014, 04:59 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Upgrade to 16' wheels/tires. 15" forces you to pretty much stay with ST (special trailer) tires. 16" allows you to run LT tires which in many folks opinions, are better for trailers.
IF you have to with 15" wheels/tires, supply your own and go with Maxxis Trailer tires. They are the best on the market right now, and come in E-load range 15" tires. Your capacity may not call for them, but you can't have too much tire.

Also, upgrade to EoH brakes. YES, it's more expensive, but IT"S WORTH EVERY PENNY. The increased control and stopping ability is DRASTIC. Remember, surge brakes only work when you are going forward, AND when the truck/trailer are in a straight line. Going around a curve, and panic stop on the brakes? Guaranteed jack-knife; not to mention if the pavement was wet.

Personally, on that trailer above, I'd want 2 additional sets of flat 2x6 bunks. Those flat bunks as they are set right there are not target bunks. They are too far low and back. They will be completely underwater. and the boat will float over/around them. You COULD make those work if there was another cross-member, and they were 2 feet longer--further forward.
Also, I'd want another set of flat 2x6s between the main bunks at the back. Why? They will ensure that when you pull out of the water that the boat settles perfectly centered on the trailer.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:54 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

All I'll say about them is that you get what you pay for.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:06 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

My brother is a dealer for them in upstate NY and has said for the money very hard to beat and no problems with them in freshwater use. Mainly what he has dealt with is under 30 ft usage. So anything 29 and above I can not say.

Last edited by BUP; 07-12-2014 at 11:09 AM.
Old 07-13-2014, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Have it too, no complaints.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.