Raylar 496 HO upgrades >

Raylar 496 HO upgrades

Notices

Raylar 496 HO upgrades

Old 07-28-2014, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Raylar 496 HO upgrades

So I did a fair amount of research and in a month or two I'm thinking of doing one of Raylar's kits Larry @ Raylar was helpful and let me know that a PCM upgrade was not needed but increase fuel pressure was and stock pumps would work. But I think once I have it down I'll send the PCM's to Whipple and let him know that I'm running Raylar's kit. I didn't bother Larry with the question of how the PCM upgrade will work with their kit but I will get around to that before I buy I hate to bother folks to much unless I'm ready to buy.

Bottom line has anybody used a complete Raylar kit (I plan on using the 550HP kit) yet I have no concerns about the company and Rays work just wondering how the end result is. Starting, driving, everyday use, etc.

I know I'm bumping up against the capability of the Bravo X and possibly the motor itself but I'm pretty gentle getting it on plane and don't beat the thing if either of them fail it won't be the end of the world to upgrade the drives or engine internals if it should break.

Thanks for any input.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I have experienced two boats with raylar kits and really work nice. I installed on my friends 29 fountain gained 10mph and he has put 200 hard yours on it with 0 problems. We ran stock ECM bumped fuel pressure little and ran great. I also have a 2006 chev pickup with 525 kit with 60k on it and runs great! I would not do whipple ecm upgrade because you are increasing compression with raylar heads. Maybe they have tune for raylar kit but in my experience you do not need it.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by rvtransport
I have experienced two boats with raylar kits and really work nice. I installed on my friends 29 fountain gained 10mph and he has put 200 hard yours on it with 0 problems. We ran stock ECM bumped fuel pressure little and ran great. I also have a 2006 chev pickup with 525 kit with 60k on it and runs great! I would not do whipple ecm upgrade because you are increasing compression with raylar heads. Maybe they have tune for raylar kit but in my experience you do not need it.
Appreciate the feedback.