PCM 555 codes >

PCM 555 codes

Notices

PCM 555 codes

Old 08-07-2014, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default PCM 555 codes

anybody have or know where I can get a fault code list for the merc 555 ecm ? Thanks Rob
Old 08-07-2014, 10:48 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I have them stored in my head so if you need something post it. If you have DTS there will be more codes listed and if you have a catalyst engine there will be even more codes listed.

Just a mechanical shift - Non Catalyst engine with a 10 or 14 pin wiring harness for PCM / ECM Mercruiser there is 236 fault code #'s.

I can make copies and mail you them but I will not be able to get around to it in about a week. Will have to pull the manual out and make copies.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
I have them stored in my head so if you need something post it. If you have DTS there will be more codes listed and if you have a catalyst engine there will be even more codes listed.

Just a mechanical shift - Non Catalyst engine with a 10 or 14 pin wiring harness for PCM / ECM Mercruiser there is 236 fault code #'s.

I can make copies and mail you them but I will not be able to get around to it in about a week. Will have to pull the manual out and make copies.
BUP, I found a manual for the ECM but its for the 496 engines (sterndrive and inboard)...do you happen to know if the codes listed there will be the same/similar to a 600SCI engine?

What I found is here,
http://www.blainehanson.com/Manuals/...0PCM%20555.pdf

Section 1A-13 starts showing faults, beep type, available power, and whether or not that fault sends it into guardian mode or not.

Thanks
Old 08-07-2014, 01:11 PM
BUP
Banned

When we first received this manual # 33 back in late 2000 or early 2001 - we looked at it said no depth at all plus it does not list the fault codes like it should. With that said keep in mind from the start of ECM / PCM 555 - we call it the triple nickel and had almost zero training on the Merc new controller compared to MEFI 1 thru MEFI 3 from them at that time so that helped somewhat. A lot was left on the table for learning the triple nickel if you just relied on this manual.

Again IMO its a fair manual to have but its free so what do you to lose. You need the updated version that was in 2007, if you can buy that or find it for free, I would 'nt waste the time with this 2001 version. If you have a catalyst version anything motor then you will need the latest manuals.

Buy the 2007 manual # 33 version and be done with it. Again there is 236 faults and more if you have DTS and or a cat engine. This manual covers the 236 and the DTS system.

Last edited by BUP; 08-07-2014 at 01:53 PM.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:11 PM
BUP
Banned

I forgot you were asking about the 600SCI, everytime someone brings up manual 33 and or PCM, the 496 always comes to mind.

The 600SCi also has their own diagnostic manuals and service manuals. They have 2 per 2005 and again in 2006 but combo with the 700SCI. I can look up the part #'s if needed for ordering. I do remember the first manual was # 11 from Mercury racing and again combo 600 SCI & 700 SCI Merc racing # 14. As to which one you need for your engine and app that would be determined by engine serial #. Again they both have their own diagnostic manual and service manual separate.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:13 PM
Registered

thanks...will get the #