Water pump shaft seal >

Water pump shaft seal

Notices

Water pump shaft seal

Old 08-10-2014, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water pump shaft seal

Heading to Lake Powell in a couple of weeks. I decided to replace my impellers in my Formula as it has been a couple of years. Found some oil/grease coming out of the shaft on the front of the pump on the side toward the pulley (see pics). I see they make bearing/seal kits for them as a new one is 300.00+. I can not for the life of me figure out how to get the damn shaft out. From the diagrams I have seen, it looks like there is a snap ring where the shaft meets the housing. First, the pulley flange is blocking any access, and I still don't see a snap ring. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Old 08-10-2014, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I found instructions on ehow when I did mine.
Old 08-10-2014, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have to press the pulley or pulley flange off the shaft to get to the snap ring. Measure how far onto the shaft it's pressed currently, so you can get it back on at same depth when you reassemble. At least that's how I remember doing it....