Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
QUICKSILVER SBC long block assembly worth building? >

QUICKSILVER SBC long block assembly worth building?

Notices

QUICKSILVER SBC long block assembly worth building?

Old 09-19-2014, 09:40 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
I'm not fond of the cheap cast steel crank nor the cheap rods, unless it's in a wannabe street engine.
I already checked into this because if I'm building I want it done right... upgrade to forged steel crank would be $500, upgrade to H-beam rods would be $150

Originally Posted by SB
Just so you know too, the SHP heads are the cheaper of the Dart heads. Not that it's no big deal, but they are not the Pro 1's by any stretch.
SHP most likely to keep the price down but they flow much better than a stock head

Originally Posted by SB
Oh, speaking of which, I would try to get straight plug heads as I don't know if any of the angle plugs would interefere with exhaust manifolds. Probably I good assumption they do.
Didn't think of this!! Great catch, i'll see what they spec out if angled or straight plug.
Old 09-20-2014, 02:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

seems like for 8g you can find a nice bbc drop in just my preference bbc will be better resale also