496 HO 152 IAC Output Code >

496 HO 152 IAC Output Code

Notices

496 HO 152 IAC Output Code

Old 09-19-2014, 03:00 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Hey thanks posting the IAC problem child and what can happen. Even some techs do not believe me when I tell them to the change IAC & gasket first then test drive the boat because you never know when a bad IAC will knock the ECM / PCM and or catch something on fire. Also bad ignition coils especially the first years for the 496 can knock out the PCM in a split second. Seen it, done it and fixed it as well. I think I even have a t-shirt about it as well.

Have to ask as to your on the big island boating - how did you come up with posting on the Austin TX forums ? just asking. That's a long boat trip away. LOL
Old 09-19-2014, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP

Have to ask as to your on the big island boating - how did you come up with posting on the Austin TX forums ? just asking. That's a long boat trip away. LOL
Ha ha! It is a long boat ride! Good question. I moved to Hawaii last year from Central Texas. I'll be here at least a few years before going back. Still post on the Austin Forums because the crew over there is a great bunch of guys and it helps keep me connected with Texas.

Last edited by AZ Boater; 09-19-2014 at 03:43 PM.