29 fever triple digits >

29 fever triple digits

Notices

29 fever triple digits

Old 09-29-2014, 06:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 29 fever triple digits

Hi Guys I have a 25 checkmate with a 598ci making a little over 700 hp the boat is running in the 80s.
I just picked up a 29 fever with a stock 502. I am planning on swapping the motors and selling the checkmate, sorry for the long story but my question
is, I would like the Fever to run triple digits when Im done, Is anybody running that speed and how much hp does it take to do it. I plan on making change's
to the motor while its out. Want to make enough power to run those numbers. The boat is a 1997 29 fever. Thanks guys.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:28 AM
Registered

You will probably get better response by posting in the Fountain forum.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:48 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

going to be tuff I think...not that you can't make enough power to run that fast, but have known a couple guys that have tried with that boat(like to try myself) but handling is going to be the same issue you have now(I have the same boat and about 700hp) and it needs all the planets aligned and big balls to get there...one of them has broken the 100 barrier but only when everything was in line, we have our potomac river radar run coming up in 2 weeks, interested to see if any shop up there, in reality you are going to end up with a mid 80's boat again...sorry just my .02, keep us posted hope it works well for you and be safe !! Rob
Old 09-29-2014, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

if you go to go-fast .com and go into their knowledge base under speed calculator and enter your speed , drive height, weight, drive ratio with how it runs now. you can then calculate it to get a rough idea.
is it a step bottom boat?
I am guessing you are going to need a everybit of a 1000 hp to realisticly get into triple digits with a single engine
i would recommend getting a -2 imco lower case for the drive as well.
i had a 29 scarab with a 825 hp and a -1imco and it ran 85 mph
i know the 29 fountain is a faster lighter hull but it takes a lot of hp to get into the triple digits
Old 09-29-2014, 10:28 AM
Registered

There was a single engine in buffalo , with big power and i went head to head with my boat at 83 mph , I think it was a HTG 800 hp .
Old 09-29-2014, 05:28 PM
Registered

I am hoping to build the new motor and get about 1000 to 1200 hp out of it. It will be super charged of course. I should just go thru the motor and freshen it up and be happy with high 80s.
But I probably wont, that never ending need for speed.......
Old 09-30-2014, 12:33 PM
Registered

I have driven a 29 but was twin BB in the low 80's was a handful to say the least...now I know some have got it figured out or just got lucky and run some big #'s but overall I would be happy with the mid 80's in one of those..that 97 probably is not a stepped hull either...
Old 09-30-2014, 07:29 PM
Registered

Thanks Guys for the info The boat is a stepped hull, I also have a -2 imco lower on the other boat that I am planning on switching. Looks like I will have my hands full trying to get that kind of speed. The checkmate I was driving is a 25 1988 convincer with stock steering and stock little tabs and it was fun to drive at 84. I was hoping that the "FOUNTAIN " would be better at these speeds
Old 09-30-2014, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Randy I'm not a Fountain guy at all but I will say this I own one of the quote "ill eat handling boats I've ever been in" been told this time and time again. Boat has been flipped twice. I added some power to the boat and for the most part the thing is like a Cadillac. Two weekends ago I had my wife and 2 year old in the back seat running for miles and miles across the bay 88mph. My kid goes to sleep in the back seat. I've seen 92 on gps and been faster than that. The faster it goes the more the boat straightens and the ride just gets better. My buddy has a 28 Rage with 720hp it runs 95 all day every day and seen 97 a bunch of times. Between 60 & 80 mph the boat rides and handles like dog crap. You hit 90 and its smooth as could be. 90 mph across the bay and people getting up out of the back seat and walking to the cuddy to grab another beer. I think your goal is very achievable with your boat. It's gonna cost alot of money, patience and time. You'll get there just be careful.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Black Baja
Randy I'm not a Fountain guy at all but I will say this I own one of the quote "ill eat handling boats I've ever been in" been told this time and time again. Boat has been flipped twice. I added some power to the boat and for the most part the thing is like a Cadillac. Two weekends ago I had my wife and 2 year old in the back seat running for miles and miles across the bay 88mph. My kid goes to sleep in the back seat. I've seen 92 on gps and been faster than that. The faster it goes the more the boat straightens and the ride just gets better. My buddy has a 28 Rage with 720hp it runs 95 all day every day and seen 97 a bunch of times. Between 60 & 80 mph the boat rides and handles like dog crap. You hit 90 and its smooth as could be. 90 mph across the bay and people getting up out of the back seat and walking to the cuddy to grab another beer. I think your goal is very achievable with your boat. It's gonna cost alot of money, patience and time. You'll get there just be careful.
some impressive #'s what boat power ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.