33 Baja outlaw vs 32 fountain fever >

33 Baja outlaw vs 32 fountain fever

Notices

33 Baja outlaw vs 32 fountain fever

Old 10-01-2014, 06:51 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NickFrantz
I will take a look at the 33zx. The few donzi I glanced at just didn't look at all appealing to me but I'll look again.
This boat is 4 slips down from me. Had a nice ride in it once but water was only mild chop. Has 496s and it just got to 70 mph. But ride was fine and it seemed to handle well. Pretty good room for a boat that length.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:58 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

What's the difference between lightning, fever, executioner?
The flash of the Lightning gets your attention.
Then you get the Fever
Now you need the Executioner because you bought into all this hoop la.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gettinbye
the flash of the lightning gets your attention.
Then you get the fever
now you need the executioner because you bought into all this hoop la.
lmao
Old 10-01-2014, 09:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by GETTINBYE
The flash of the Lightning gets your attention.
Then you get the Fever
Now you need the Executioner because you bought into all this hoop la.
Not too far off! Lightning and Executioner are only slightly different models at different lengths. Some years some lengths only came in one designation. The name Fever was used for models less than 35'. At the 35' and 42' lengths both models had the same bottom or hull differing slightly in top deck design and amenities. 47' was only offered as Lightning as I recall.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:12 AM
Registered

OK thanks for all the info guys it's very helpful.
Old 10-01-2014, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 1989mach1
The donzi 33 zx fits what u r looking for speed big cabin 5'5 head room heat air bathroom microwave cook top good in big water and looks sexy. Mine with 500 efi's toped out at 83. Just a nouther option for u to look at
Exact quote from a friend that switched from a TS 35 fountain to a stepped 33 zx this year "Find me another fountain, this donzi doesn't cut waves, it jumps them"

There is always a compromise, the wide beam on the donzi is not the best for wave handling.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Some mid 2000's executioners out there for great prices. The mid 2000's ex is the same boat as the late 90's lightning with updates.

The 33 Baja is a big, tall roomy boat compared to a 35 fountain. LOA they are the same. The Baja gets a ton of cockpit room by moving the back seat into the bilge, makes it tough for working on things...but great for hanging out during the day.

The cabin of the Baja is wider and taller. Race size stringers dominate the fountain cabin. The fountain will have little to no storage, the Baja has under seat cabin storage and a bigger cabinet at entry.

The fountain will cut waves where the Baja wants to ride nose high and bounce off them. FYI I am a previous Baja owner 3 times over. Porpoise will never be an issue with the fountain. '
'
Old 10-01-2014, 01:08 PM
Registered

I really want something to handle the bigger waves better. That's why my wife wanted to get rid of the 242. 2ft waves and she was scared it rode like crap unless it was a nice day out. So the fountain is better in bigger waves? I was leaning more towards a Baja because I heard the exact opposite that fountains were not good in waves.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:32 PM
Registered

I agree w 4bus. Fountains cut through waves, always riding flat, so you can go faster but sometimes you also get wetter. I cannot get the nose on my 42 up unless its not yet on plane. Fountains do not porpoise. I cannot make my 42 porpoise. I could sometimes get my 33 Baja to porpoise depending on if it was back heavy with gas and gear (and fat asses). My 21' F3LS Formula and my 242 Formula both would porpoise pretty bad at certain speeds but it could be minimized with the tabs.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

So the fountain is better in bigger waves? I was leaning more towards a Baja because I heard the exact opposite that fountains were not good in waves.
Fountain owners will tell you Fountains are better. Baja owners will tell you Bajas are better. Going from the boat you have now either will be a huge improvement.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.