Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
8' beam into 7'9" garage door >

8' beam into 7'9" garage door

Notices

8' beam into 7'9" garage door

Old 11-08-2014, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Clamp the door in the up position and remove the frame and vertical tracks. If you ave a garage with standard framing, you should pick up the 3".
Old 11-08-2014, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 123 Likes on 41 Posts

Just like a house I looked at once that came with a big screen TV (because they couldn't get it out of the basement) don't get it in there without a real plan on getting it out.
Old 11-08-2014, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Hell, take the wheel/s off one side of the trailer and if the spindle is round, let it roll on the spindles on one side and the tire/s on the other. If spindle is not round make a small 3/4" plywood wheel
Old 11-08-2014, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Whats the plan nugget man ?
Old 11-08-2014, 02:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 183 Likes on 69 Posts

As I tell all of our customers with similar problems:

"If you back it in fast enough the first time, you'll be fine."

Hope that helps.
Old 11-08-2014, 02:12 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 397 Likes on 160 Posts

When we use a car garage for our boats these are the results . Anyone see a potential problem here ?

Old 11-08-2014, 04:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will figure this out and will post pictures and video of the event. Still formulating the "master plan"...
Old 11-08-2014, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On garage doors the is usually a 2x6 trim board on both sides. If you can get them off you will gain 3" without a ton of work but it sounds like you still would need 3" more. But I do have another idea. You could always crash your car into the garage ( by accident) and the insurance can help you fix this problem
Old 11-08-2014, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 620 Likes on 250 Posts

Its the time of year for raking and burning leaves .
Do what my Dad accidentally did as a kid and start the leaves on fire in a pile and have all the old gas that soaked into the ground around the neighbors garage start the garage on fire but make sure you remove the mint 29 model A out of it 1st.
Old 11-08-2014, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
I credit my dad with a lot.. He grew up on a farm. taught me at a very young age that if something breaks, you fix it, if you dont know how you take it apart and figure it out. If at that point you still cant fix it, its just phucked and needs to be replaced. He taught me auto repair by having me fix the car way before I was old enough to think about having a drivers license, he taught me woodwork, fiberglass and epoxy by employing me as slave labor helping him build a 41 foot trimaran from scratch. He taught me home repair by having me climb a rickety azz wobbely scaffold to paint the house..god Im still afraid of hieghts over that one. He taught me to sail by getting me a 16' hobie cat when I was 13, chasing me out of the house, telling me to hit the lake and not come back untill the sun went down. He taught me to waterski by standing on his feet and holding the rope with him before I was big enough to try on my own. Basically he taught me to swim in life by teaching me to just jump in the deep end and go for it.
Dad's are special people -- My dad did much of the same things -- He went to be with the Lord a few years ago and I still miss him. And when I hear these stories of other dad's doing the same things that I experience- It warms my heart!

Guys -- for those of us blessed with kids -- BE THE DAD!! The dividends are enormous

3pointstar

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.