De-tuning my 2001 ilmor supercat 517

Notices

De-tuning my 2001 ilmor supercat 517

Old 06-09-2015, 06:29 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by vintage chromoly
Thanks BB.

Almost sold the crank and used a dragonslayer, but I'm happy I kept it.

We're using coated ACL bearings.

I might send the carb back to have it totally "rebuilt" (you know, have carb cleaner and air blown through it and the bowls polished).
brian,you mention the [chicago group] but who is it that likes to stir the pot.i have laid back and said nothing but comments like this sure do show the childish intent of some that are posting on this thread.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:41 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
I see you want to keep going with me huh?
Your expert internet input isn't needed here MT. I'm not in need of a desk top dyno analysis, bad advice or a regurgitation of what you read in last months engine builder magazine.

Thanks for checking in though.

Last edited by vintage chromoly; 06-09-2015 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-09-2015, 06:42 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
brian,you mention the [chicago group] but who is it that likes to stir the pot.i have laid back and said nothing but comments like this sure do show the childish intent of some that are posting on this thread.
Mike, You are known by the company you keep. If you want to deal Bob and talk like you are distancing yourself from the troublemakers then do it but don't be 2 faced about it.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:58 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

OMFG can't we just get along? I am all for ball bustin, and bashing when needed.... I been there myself but this is insane anymore, Brian being a business owner in the industry is even worse bashing us....

I am really trying to stay neutral here....

Rob, you are local, a good guy and gave me some good advice
Mild has given good advice and discussion that guys have no clue how much time he spent with me
Mike T has went well above and beyond to help me with advice
Dan is another version of me who likes to stir the pot, trust me I am not innocent myself...
Brian, you gave me some advice and got made because I didn't think I needed the Holley EFI and told me I was cheaping out and the quickfuel was a waste (they were right on out of the box) BTW.

guys lets just all meet, hash it out, have beer and move on, because I bet we are all actually good guys when talking at a bar....

The guys that are helping Rob do his engine are very good builders if you don't wanna believe it then fine, but this place is supposed to be about helping and sharing info to the guys who don't have the "big bucks" just as much as the guys with the "big bucks"

all we are doing is making the place suck anymore and ruining threads....
Old 06-09-2015, 07:08 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by brian41
Mike, You are known by the company you keep. If you want to deal Bob and talk like you are distancing yourself from the troublemakers then do it but don't be 2 faced about it.
maybe you would be better off not trying to tell me what to do.i,m not sure what you are saying but if i understand correctly you are telling me to shut up or bob wont work with me anymore.i am not distancing myself from anybody as i have no dog in the fight.so now in your mind i am 2 faced because i make a comment about a childish post.maybe i should cry to the mods like you did.just for the record dan and joe are my friends so because of that you have a problem with me.in my opinion joe is one smart cookie and he goes out of his way to help a lot of oso members so if being his friend makes me a bad guy to you i won,t loose any sleep worrying about it.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:34 AM
Banned

Mike I am not telling you what to do .........just letting you know how it works when you play on both sides of the fence.

If you have NO DOG IN THIS FIGHT why the h*ll are you on this thread!!!!!! Stirring up chit are you?????

I was brought in by the continuous stupid remarks by ICDEDPPL.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brian41
Mike I am not telling you what to do .........just letting you know how it works when you play on both sides of the fence.

If you have NO DOG IN THIS FIGHT why the h*ll are you on this thread!!!!!! Stirring up chit are you?????

I was brought in by the continuous stupid remarks by ICDEDPPL.
See this is what I don't understand Being new here, who is this Bob guy, and what makes him so special? I would guess that any competent engine builder can make good HP/TQ #s.

Also I think ICDEDPPL has a valid point about who's boat are running and Whos are not.

I don't care to read this crap and belittling people so no big lose to this site or to me but I think I'm going to move on and find another hobby to explore, Maybe hot rod lawn tractors!
Old 06-09-2015, 08:25 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,117 Likes on 1,403 Posts

C1000 - definately don't take up snowmobiling !

This thread is like talking to Morman's in comparison.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

You know whats really sad about all this BS, is there are some very smart guys here constantly arguing. Every single one of us, has something to offer this site. Whether its valvetrain, carb stuff, efi stuff, cooling systems, props, rigging, fiberglass, trailer repairs, stereo installs, air conditioning installs, superchargers, truck driving, bmx biking, whatever it may be.

I got a feeling whats gonna end up happening here, is the forum is gonna lose a both sides of these "teams", over opinions stemmed from behind the scenes gossip of both parties. Some true, some not true, whatever.

I was brought up to form my own opinions of people. I grew up with outfit guys, dope dealers, rich kids, thieves, blacks, whites, hispanics,gambling degenerates, gangbangers, , gear heads, and alter boys. At the end of the day, I chose who I was going to befriend based on my experience with them, not because someone else "told" me they were no good. And I certainly never took orders from anyone on who I can or cant be friends with.

I'm not here to play politician, promote someones business, or as ''accused" destroy someones business or "take over" oso. I'm here to talk tech with some guys who share the same hobby as mine. Certainly I'm no angel ,and can be very opinionated on things, and often get a bit carried away with it.

There is not one person on the forum, who's mastered all aspects of high performance boating.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:30 AM
Banned

With all the antics, name calling and invading threads like your group has done here........... add to that the threats of putting business and vendors from this site under I think your a little late to try to suck up. You guys started and continued to push the issue even after you were politely asked to stop, what happened over the weekend was the result.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.