Turndowns and water reversion? >

Turndowns and water reversion?

Notices

Turndowns and water reversion?

Old 12-26-2014, 06:30 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Merc does a similar deal with their underwater exhausted european big hp motors.

Amazing what a tiny unnoticable hole does to someone's straw. LOl.
Old 12-26-2014, 06:45 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

I double checked where i saw them, and Mercruiser actually has a kit called: X-haust Noise Reducer Kit

http://www.mercuryracing.com/sterndr...noise-reducer/

THE PROCESS
X-haust features a custom Y-Pipe which combines the two banks of exhaust from each engine into a single exhaust tube. The single tube exhaust outlet per engine provides the transom space needed for the transom mounted X-haust muffler. Back pressure is minimal, resulting in insignificant power loss.
An integrated idle relief tube routes some exhaust through the boat above the waterline, providing a necessary vacuum break and a little rumble when operating off plane.
The transom-mounted muffler is completely submerged when the boat is at rest. The muffler outlet directs engine exhaust down and back toward the transom further reducing noise.

X-haust is available for use with the HP600 SCi, fitted with an Integrated Transom System (ITS) Bravo One XR drive model or optional dry-sump NXT¹® drive, EU662 SCi and HP700 SCi sterndrive engine packages fitted with the dry-sump NXT¹® drive. Stage 1 and Stage 2 configurations are available for single or twin engine applications in both side-by-side and staggered installations.