Templet for 280 K planes >

Templet for 280 K planes

Notices

Templet for 280 K planes

Old 01-31-2015, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Templet for 280 K planes

Does anyone have instructions and templet for a set of 280 Kplanes?
Old 01-31-2015, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

No link for instructions or templates here. But they are not hard to install. You might have to use the upper plate as a template for the holes. As in use a sharpie to mark the 6 holes to drill. Try to drill all of the holes the same angle. After you test fit the bolts for the kplanes and they fit without forcing, mix a little west system resin to coat the wood in the transom. If your transom doesn't have wood you can skip that step.

Now the wiring. Most kplanes have 3 wires. If you google it you would find a diagram or two on wiring. But I will give you the cliff notes. On a 3 wire pump you have 3 wires. One black, one blue, and one green. Easy way to remember what wire goes where is black is ground, Blue is up (think sky), green is down (think grass). If you are wiring from scratch, you need to wire the black to ground. Then wire the fused Bar that runs to the solenoids with a positive. Then on the solenoids, wire the down wire from the switch to the green and the up to the green. It might seem a tad bit complicated but it isn;t too complicated.

Just found a link

http://www.mercstuff.com/trimwires.htm

That diagram might be a little but confusing....but if you wire it like I said you will figure it out.

Any more questions please ask!!!
Old 01-31-2015, 09:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The template we used is paper and you can get it and any misc parts you may need from BAM.
Old 01-31-2015, 10:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I made a template out of white card stock I bought at Walgreens. I just traced the plate and the 6 holes on it and cut it out. The 7 TH hole is angled for the indicator cable, this one I just drilled through the fitting after it was installed. The biggest issue for me was making sure the holes cleared the stringers, and in my case 8 had to swap the back plates from side to side to allow better access to the hose fittings on the inside and I ended up having to notch the stringer for 1 mounting bolt on each side.