Replacing lights with LEDs in a Gaffrig Tachometer >

Replacing lights with LEDs in a Gaffrig Tachometer

Notices

Replacing lights with LEDs in a Gaffrig Tachometer

Old 04-04-2015, 06:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing lights with LEDs in a Gaffrig Tachometer

I have a 2000 Baja 33 Outlaw with Gaffrig gauges, tachometers, and liquid speedo. I've replaced all the lights in the liquid speedo and the small gauges with LEDs and it looks great. However, I can't figure out how to get the light fixtures out of the tachs. There is a push in hole cover on the back, which I removed, but the light didn't want to come out of that hole.

Do I remove the gauge from the dash, and take it apart with the 2 small bolts/nuts located on the back?

This would be my first rodeo opening up a gauge and I don't want to screw it up; I plan on using it next week. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update, in case anyone out there ever needs to know. The light is attached to the hole cover in the back of the gauge, it is just very tight getting it out of there. Baja didn't leave much excess wire. After wiggling it around and threading some more wire up into the light, it came out.

I started with the port motor tach, and it went well. When I pulled out the starboard light, I noticed that the base was broken. I gave Mike a call over at Gaffrig and he mailed me a replacement base from a busted tach at no charge. The LEDs I bought for the tachs and speedo didn't look great, so Mike got me the part numbers I needed and I paid for them over the phone. He was very helpful, answering my phone calls and all of my questions.