Exhaust tips and turndown options, and drive shower >

Exhaust tips and turndown options, and drive shower

Notices

Exhaust tips and turndown options, and drive shower

Old 04-15-2015, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts
Default Exhaust tips and turndown options, and drive shower

Got my engine back from Eddie Young and he tells me I have more things to remove and sell and more things to buy, Have a 545HP 509 that needs to have restrictions removed.

My silent choice is already removed and Corsa exhaust tip mufflers are getting pulled. So I'm looking for 4 inch thru hull with internal flappers, and turndowns. My tips are about 1 inch from the water when sitting, yes only one inch. I picked up 3 inch higher exhaust elbows to help with back wash.

Gibson seems to be the only ones with clamp on turn downs. Don't understand why 8 inch turn down cost more then 12 inch but go figure.

Looked at a few tips water flappers inside the tips, but not many are not 4 inch
Old 04-15-2015, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey Bob,
CP Performance probably has the biggest selection and best built tips around. Everything is made from 316 SS. They can also make turndowns, but they will be certainly be more than Gibson. I saw the same thing with the pricing of the Gibson's. I just ordered a set for a boat in the shop. If you use the Gibson's, you will probably have to cut them down, since you don't want the pipes 7" under the water. They were the only ones that I was able to find with them on the shelf. Everyone else was build to order.