Pop up cleats

Notices

Pop up cleats

Old 04-28-2015, 11:21 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by getrdunn
These look bad azzz. Can't imagine trying to train the occasional distant drunk buddy whose aboard asking for a ROPE as your approaching a dock. You know your in for it then.

These look sweet. I'd prolly need a lesson myself. Lol
I just laugh at it sometimes. Some folks have been shown over and over and over again, and when I eventually make my way over, all that's there is the looped just loosely hanging over one end. Fortunately, I've never had one slip off like that either, as they tend to stick on that cleat. However, IT'S JUST LIKE A REGULAR cleat! Just imagine the top bar is there!! You don't have to fish through a hole.

Thank goodness for my buddy Tom who is often with me, also knows how to show folks.

BTW, There is NO "requirement" to 'thread the needle' on a cleat. You can make the loop end of the line go across the top of the cleat, and loop the outer ends. It kills me to watch folks trying to jam a thick line in those tiny 'needle' holes! (On my cleats, you don't have to worry about it.)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]540540[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Pop up cleats-cleatknot3.jpg  

Last edited by Sydwayz; 04-28-2015 at 11:23 PM.