525EFI oil pump driver/sensor position >

525EFI oil pump driver/sensor position

Notices

525EFI oil pump driver/sensor position

Old 04-30-2015, 10:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 525EFI oil pump driver/sensor position

I've got the top end of my 525EFI apart for a refresh and am wondering about the oil pump driveshaft/sensor that is in place where a typical distributor would be, in the back of the intake. Does it have to be in any particular position when reinstalling? Im thinking it doesn't but have never installed one so I thought I better ask.
Old 05-01-2015, 07:09 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It does. The manual has the process. If out of phase you will have issues.
Steve
Old 05-01-2015, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Put the engine at TDC. Drop in the cam sensor. There is a "wall" that extends down on half of the rotor and not on the other half. The sensor spins clockwise as looking at it from the top. The back side (rear) of the wall must be leaving the pickup at TDC. The end of the "wall" needs to be in the center of the pickup. So, for arguments sake, if the pickup is at the 6 o'clock position, the "wall" should be from 6 o'clock to about 12 o'clock.
Eddie
Old 05-01-2015, 11:22 AM
Registered

So Eddie Im guessing I will have to pull the top cap off to see all of this. FYI this is a 2004 if that matters at all. Thanks
Old 05-01-2015, 11:23 AM
Registered

Any idea where to download the service manual for free, I've searched with no luck.
Old 05-01-2015, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by River Ratt
So Eddie Im guessing I will have to pull the top cap off to see all of this. FYI this is a 2004 if that matters at all. Thanks
Yes, you will have to remove the cover to see what's going on.
Also, I don't think you can download that manual for free. NOTHING is free from Mercury. lol
Old 05-01-2015, 11:54 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by River Ratt
Any idea where to download the service manual for free, I've searched with no luck.
I searched high and low for that manual even for a digital copy to purchase.. no luck. broke down and bought it. it's worth having..
Old 05-01-2015, 03:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 276 Likes on 112 Posts

What's your email I will send you a copy
Old 05-02-2015, 06:57 AM
Registered

My email is [email protected]

Thanks a bunch KWright!!! fyi your inbox is full
Old 05-02-2015, 08:26 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

There is 4 manuals per 525 hp. each is a 2 manual set. It goes by your serial # to which set you need for your app. I will add and have said this alot , people and even service techs who attempt to work on boats without the proper service manuals really should not beforehand - buy the service manuals per your app then move forward with what your are attempting to service.

My point is if you need indepth service & repair work on your current auto and bring it to the OEM service center wouldn't you at the VERY LEAST want the tech who will be working on it to have read the service manual per your app. I am including marine techs as well. It amazes me in the industry that do not as well. . Very few ever bring this up here to buying the OEM service manuals. They are very attainable thru any dealer for a price of 150 bucks and down depending on which one and new or used . Very solid advice here. Just saying., good luck

Last edited by BUP; 05-02-2015 at 09:05 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.