Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
How to get a little heat with crossovers...? >

How to get a little heat with crossovers...?

Notices

How to get a little heat with crossovers...?

Old 12-02-2015, 07:04 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SB
Found a pic of the internal water 'divider'

The one that CP permformance has on sale with the 1" bypass hose have the internal water diverter like this?
Old 12-04-2015, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

There are a ton of threads on here about problems with crossovers. My boat came with an older Stainless Marine crossover with the bypass, I use the Stewart 3 hole 160 degree thermostat, and I just recently connected the rear ports that I had threaded when I rebuilt the motor to the front. I don't have the internal diverter in my thermostat housing. My temps are real steady I have boated in water from the mid 30's to the mid 70's and from idling an hour down the river to full out, I get very little variation. I'm running the Hardin stainless sea water pump that I have ported to increase flow and I have also increased the clearance in my Lightning headers so they will flow more water. my engine usually runs about 150+ idling and may climb to 180 at full throttle after a couple miles. I'm pushing close to 700hp and I check the temps on every spot I can get to on my motor and I don't see a variation of more than 5 or 6 degrees on the heads from front to back and right to left, and it's always very close to what my water temp is. At idle I get a pretty good flow of water out of the mufflers, I haven't checked the pressure yet, but I haven't had any issues in the 4 years since I rebuilt the motor. My experience with the crossover has been flawless since day one, I've seen closed cooling systems have more issues than I have had. From what I read on OSO I may be the anomaly and not the rule.
Old 12-04-2015, 11:15 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JMPH
The one that CP permformance has on sale with the 1" bypass hose have the internal water diverter like this?
Yes, the CP housing is as pictured with the diverter plate built in. I have one for use in my project and it appears to be a quality product.
Old 12-04-2015, 07:15 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vintage chromoly
Yes, the CP housing is as pictured with the diverter plate built in. I have one for use in my project and it appears to be a quality product.
Thank you