Holley EFI/DIS Conversion

Notices

Holley EFI/DIS Conversion

Old 06-10-2015, 05:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RAGE,
I'm very happy to see a change in technical content here. I know; this threads subject is DIS, so I don't want to get off topic. I have 2 525EFI builds coming up, that are total rebuilds, I will be converting to the Holley HP EFI.
Old 06-10-2015, 11:34 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

following along so in post # 19 are you talking about Wilson as in

www.wilsonmanifolds.com

they use to be the ticket for a lot of drag cars using their intake manifolds
Old 06-10-2015, 11:34 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thanks Guys!

MER, Your 525EFI conversion projects sound awesome. Will you be able to reuse the Merc cam and crank sensors? I looked at using those parts, but my block is a Dart (MK IV).
Old 06-10-2015, 11:39 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by BUP
following along so in post # 19 are you talking about Wilson as in

www.wilsonmanifolds.com

they use to be the ticket for a lot of drag cars using their intake manifolds
That's the place. They do a lot of EFI intake conversions.
Old 06-10-2015, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Does the Holley ignition have the capabilities to run different timing in different cylinders?
Old 06-10-2015, 12:52 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Black Baja
Does the Holley ignition have the capabilities to run different timing in different cylinders?
If your running coil packs you can individually adv/retard ignition by .1 deg increments. You can also set individual cylinder fuel trim.
Old 06-10-2015, 01:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DesertRage
If your running coil packs you can individually adv/retard ignition by .1 deg increments. You can also set individual cylinder fuel trim.
Wow! That's sweet. Can't tell you how many times I've had 1 or 2 trouble cylinders and the rest were fine. That system is where it's at...
Old 06-10-2015, 02:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DesertRage
Thanks Guys!

MER, Your 525EFI conversion projects sound awesome. Will you be able to reuse the Merc cam and crank sensors? I looked at using those parts, but my block is a Dart (MK IV).
yes, if you had a cam sensor along with a crank sensor you could run sequential injection. (I have done some research on MEGA Squirt systems for my supercharged Mustang) that would clean up the bottom end even more. I am By far no expert on these HAHA
I know on the cars alot of guys run either 8 EGTs and or 8 wide band O2s. this is the easiest way to tune individual cylinders (either with timing or fuel) if you are having distribution issues in cylinders. So educate me as i am getting back into the boat scene from a 7 year absence. Where are you placing the wide band to collect the average Bank AFR? Is it just past the manifold on the riser? i am running IMCO power flow on my boat. (please don't judge they came with it).

The next question is how can you possibly check each cylinder to adjust your timing or fuel individually with wet Manifolds or headers?? each exhaust tube would need their own EGT or O2 sensor... Just Curious.
Old 06-10-2015, 03:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 260Velocity
yes, if you had a cam sensor along with a crank sensor you could run sequential injection. (I have done some research on MEGA Squirt systems for my supercharged Mustang) that would clean up the bottom end even more. I am By far no expert on these HAHA
I know on the cars alot of guys run either 8 EGTs and or 8 wide band O2s. this is the easiest way to tune individual cylinders (either with timing or fuel) if you are having distribution issues in cylinders. So educate me as i am getting back into the boat scene from a 7 year absence. Where are you placing the wide band to collect the average Bank AFR? Is it just past the manifold on the riser? i am running IMCO power flow on my boat. (please don't judge they came with it).

The next question is how can you possibly check each cylinder to adjust your timing or fuel individually with wet Manifolds or headers?? each exhaust tube would need their own EGT or O2 sensor... Just Curious.
All you do is make a spacer flange to go between the head and exhaust manifold and put your sensors right at each port.
Old 06-10-2015, 06:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 260Velocity

Thats correct, or you can make a spacer plate, between head and header. I spoke with Dustin W about this, the wide bands are very expensive. I run a 8 pack wide band on the dyno and take an average at the collector using the Holley wide band , my 8 wide bands are in my dyno headers

.[ATTACH=CONFIG]542013[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Holley EFI/DIS Conversion-dsc00719.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.