Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
quickfuel carbs >

quickfuel carbs

Notices

quickfuel carbs

Old 06-14-2015, 12:29 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

i am pretty sure fixx is right about holley bying qft.holley has been bying companys up lately.i don,t think anything has changed since the change of ownership.i also agree that the new line of carb from holley is bad azz but the prices are a little out of line for most guys.it i still hard to beat the quickfuel line of carbs imo.
Old 06-14-2015, 07:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Not that I have much time on mine yet, but so far love the idle, and so far been good on Wideband, gotta get more time and see WOT hope next week...
Old 06-15-2015, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just bought a blow thru from them, in the process of tuning right now, they are very "adjustable" so film @ 11 for me...
Old 06-15-2015, 11:19 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Went to replace plugs in a well modified sbc boat Sunday. 6 or so years since it has had them replaced.

Damn things looked so new you couldn't tell they have ever been run. NGK V Power series. Barry Grant carb I quickly dialed in way back when.
Old 06-15-2015, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ezstriper
I just bought a blow thru from them, in the process of tuning right now, they are very "adjustable" so film @ 11 for me...
EZ do you know what the primary and secondary main jet sizes are? and is the seconday Power Valve have a block off plate?
Old 06-16-2015, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by C1000
EZ do you know what the primary and secondary main jet sizes are? and is the seconday Power Valve have a block off plate?
comes with 74 pri, 84 sec, no rear power valve, they do have 4 window power valve in pri and changable restricters for the power valve circut. right now we are to lean @ wot and to rich @ idle, working on idle air bleeds as well as idle feed on idle side, power valve resticters and jetting for WOT, cruise is good, and we are using a wide band in #5 header tube and now works like a champ...

Last edited by ezstriper; 06-16-2015 at 08:21 AM.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 700 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
Went to replace plugs in a well modified sbc boat Sunday. 6 or so years since it has had them replaced.

Damn things looked so new you couldn't tell they have ever been run. NGK V Power series. Barry Grant carb I quickly dialed in way back when.
you sure he didn't replace them before you.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

EZ please clear your PM box!
Old 06-16-2015, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The shop that dyno'ed my engine had a guy working for them who used to work for QF. We ran a "steady state" test on my motor at around 3500 - 4000 RPM with a pretty good load on it to see if we had any lean spots or other issues. We found that it was getting pretty lean in this range. Since the WOT AF ratios were in line, he didn't want to simply go to larger jets or a different PV because he thought it was more of a fuel distribution issue with running a single plane manifold with only the primaries open. So he changed the secondary linkage from progressive linkage to straight 1:1 to get the secondaries opening a little sooner. It did correct the problem - AF numbers fell into line throughout the operating range. I was concerned that this would cause me to use a lot more fuel, but did not observe that at all running the boat - since I had additional throttle opening in the secondaries, it meant that the primaries did not need to be open as far for a given RPM range / load. Basically the same airflow and fuel was going through the engine, but now it is more distributed to the rear cylinders.

Wondering if anyone else is running the 1:1 linkage on their secondaries. Thought I saw someone mention it in thei thread or another that I had seen recently.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by Budman II
The shop that dyno'ed my engine had a guy working for them who used to work for QF. We ran a "steady state" test on my motor at around 3500 - 4000 RPM with a pretty good load on it to see if we had any lean spots or other issues. We found that it was getting pretty lean in this range. Since the WOT AF ratios were in line, he didn't want to simply go to larger jets or a different PV because he thought it was more of a fuel distribution issue with running a single plane manifold with only the primaries open. So he changed the secondary linkage from progressive linkage to straight 1:1 to get the secondaries opening a little sooner. It did correct the problem - AF numbers fell into line throughout the operating range. I was concerned that this would cause me to use a lot more fuel, but did not observe that at all running the boat - since I had additional throttle opening in the secondaries, it meant that the primaries did not need to be open as far for a given RPM range / load. Basically the same airflow and fuel was going through the engine, but now it is more distributed to the rear cylinders.

Wondering if anyone else is running the 1:1 linkage on their secondaries. Thought I saw someone mention it in thei thread or another that I had seen recently.

Interesting Idea that I will play with once I get mine back in the water. I bought a Pro Systems 950 and wished I had bought a QF. I'm working off of spark plug color since I don't have an O2 option. I've been tuning for 2 seasons. It would barely run when I got it. I've heard good things about the new Holleys from guys who took them out of the box and checked them on the dyne and the numbers where spot on, just haven't heard as much about QF.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.